Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Top 10 Games

Thanks

Default Your Top 10 Games

Alright ive decided to start a thread on top 10 games and see which ones yall think were amazing and give reasons. djnickname gave me the idea of starting this thread.

FF7:These two were both amazing games to me and kinda share the top spot

FF8:

Wc3+TFT: heh wat an awesome game Bnet is truly good this is defenitly in my top 10

CounterStrike:My faviroute shooter of all time.

Diablo2: heh this game definitly owend

Duke Nukem 3 I used to love this game.. paying the strippers to open their bras

Starcraft: yeah this game was my fav strategy game until Wc3

AOe2: heh i loved the medievalness of this game

FF3: Yep loved FF3 one of the first Rpg's i played

Unreal Tournament: The original UT i loved this one not the best shooter but definity a cool one some nice mods.
    Last edited by Griphon; 12th-July-2004 at 23:05.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2): Amazing storyline and oh so fun gameplay. Glorious!

Xenogears (PS1): Even more amazing storyline that keep you glued in front of the screen for hours.

The Legacy of Kain (Multi): The voice acting is pure perfect in all of the games. Intresting story and really good puzzles.

Terranigma (SNES): One of the most touching SNES games ever. Very original RPG with great bosses. And story.

Mario & Luigi (GBA): Best Mario game EVER. The gameplay is great and the humour is top notch.

Transformers (PS2): This is what I call a suprise. Great gameplay and amazing visuals. Although pretty short. I felt so nostalgic playing it. ^^

Megaman Zero (GBA): The best Megaman series ever. Good story and great gameplay.

Wild Arms 3 (PS2): This game is �ber cool. Much better than Wild Arms 1 and 2. Gotta love the characters and the story.

Castlevania SOTN (PS1): Metroid + Castlevania = Love.

Zone of the Enders 2 (PS2): Amazing visuals, intresting storyline and awesome gameplay!

Yeah I love storylines.
    Last edited by crusher; 12th-July-2004 at 23:05.

Thanks

Final Fantasy 6: My second favorite FF game. Great story and characters.

Final Fantasy 7: Probably my favorite game of all time. All around pwnage.

Final Fantasy Tactics: I loved the battles and job system. Still think its the best strategy/RPG there is.

Super Metroid: Amazing gameplay, creepy atmosphere and great bosses.

Deus Ex: My favorite single player FPS. One of the few games with a mature storyline and Intelligent characters.

Jet Grind Radio: Great music! I remember playing this game so much my hands hurt

Star Ocean The Second Story: Great story,characters,graphics and my favorite battle system of any RPG.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Absolute classic.

Chrono trigger: Great storyline, cool battle system and time traveling!

suikoden 2: Tons of characters, cool side quests and nice graphics.

Thanks

Final Fantasy VII: PS1

The greatest game I've ever played (though I'm sorta tied with Vice City). The characters, graphics, magic, storyline, everything. I love this game. I'll never get tired of this game. Ever.

Final Fantasy VIII: PS1

Same as above. Ha!

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: PS2

I love everything about this game, I don't think I'll ever get sick of it (though if I play any more of it I might get sick, if you know what I mean. which you probably don't so i'll shut up now). Quality, quantity and variety. That's all i have to say.

Haunting: Starring polterguy: Mega Drive

Same as above. ~Ha!

Super Mario Bros and Sonic the Hedgehog games: Mega Drive & (S)NES

I'll include both of these as one:
    a) they're platformers (most of them, i like the platformers)
    b) sega and nintendo are sorta like arnold and stallone. uh, don't comment on that....
    c) whatever
    d) they're both on 16-bit platforms (i like the classics)

Originally posted by DarknessR18
    i like the classics
    Liar. You like cheap games so you download the roms ya cheap bastard. Moving on now...

Devil May Cry: PS2

Action. Horror. Violence. Capcom. Guns. Swords. Demons. Swimming? Classic game.

Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3: SNES

I love these games. I love classic platformers and these are some of the best you can downloa....uh, I mean play. Kudos to Donkey Kong!

Daytona USA: Arcade

Have they emulated this? Didn't think so. Ha! I'm not a noob...

Alex Kidd in Miracle World: Master System

My first platformer! So it's historically important. To me. Plus I have the....ROM!! *sighs* I love emulation.

Red Faction: PS2

Guns and violence nuff said.

Tomb Raider 3: PS1

Well it's historically important. It's the first game where I had a fit and broke something. And no, I wasn't jerking off to Lara.

Thanks

1. FF7 (PSX
    2. Mario Kart: Double Dash (NGC
    3. Socom: U.S NAVY SEALs (PS2
    4. Timesplitters 2 (NGC
    5. Need for Speed: Underground (NGC
    6. FF8 (PSX
    7. FF9 (PSX
    8. SoulCaliber 2 (NGC
    9. Enter The Matrix (NGC
    10. FF X-2 (PS2

Thanks

In order:
    1) Gran Tuismo 3
    2) Metal Gear Solid 2
    3) CastleVania: Symphony of the Night
    4) Xenogears
    5) Super Street Fighter 2
    6) Final Fantasy 8

Can't be placed in proper order:
    7) Final Fantasy 2
    8) Super Smash Brothers: Melle
    9) Metroid Prime
    10) MegaMan X

Everything above list item 7 is in order. I can't be arsed to fix it now. I can't place the other ones in order.
    Last edited by brit; 13th-July-2004 at 08:20.

Thanks

1. FF7
    2. FF8
    3. Chrono trigger
    4. Chrono cross
    5. FF9
    6. F-Zero GX
    7. SOCOM
    8. Breath of Fire 4
    9. Suikoden
    10. Suikoden 2

Thanks
    EP Points

Not in order, listed as they come by:
    Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)
    Final Fantasy 2 (SNES)
    Final Fantasy 3 (SNES)
    Gran Turismo 1 (PSX)
    Gran Turismo 2 (PSX)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Quake 3 (PC)
    Sonic(s) (Megadrive/Genesis)
    Tetris Unl. (NES)
    Tenchu 2 (PSX)

There's a few others like Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter but the thread is about 10 games.

Thanks

1. Super Mario World
    2. Super Mario Bros 3
    3. Super Mario 64
    4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    5. Bubble Bobble
    6. Super Mario Kart
    7. Terranigma
    8. Super Mario Bros
    9. Super Smash Bros: Melee
    10. Super Mario Sunshine

Mario And Luigi was on it's way there (fucking great it was), but the rom fucked up on me. Ahh, which reminds me (*gets rom of Mario vs DK). No 1 is leagues ahead of all the others by the way...

Thanks

(in no particular order)
    1.FF7
    2.Devil May Cry
    3.The GTA Games
    4.Halo
    5.The Wing Commander games (except for Prophecy, when you kill off Mark Hamill you kill me. )
    6.FF6
    7.Half Life
    8.The Shenmue games
    9.Battlefield 1942
    10.Super Smash Bros. Melee

Thanks

1. Earthbound
    2. Chrono Trigger
    3. Counter-Strike
    4. Super Mario All-Stars
    5. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast
    6. Diablo II
    7. Kirby's All Star
    8. Super Smash Brothers Melee
    9. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    10. Samurai Warriors

Thanks

Alrighty, here goes

Super Metroid - who couldn't love this game?
    Mega Man X - as cool as the ones after it were, this one is superior
    Final Fantasy VI - the only spectacular game in the series
    Top Gear 2 - the only racing game I've enjoyed playing very much
    Dragon Warrior 4 - I just love this classic RPG's, the good ole days
    Mega Man 3 - Best of the NES mega man's
    Super Smash Bros - given the hundreds of hours I've spent on it, it deserves mention
    Diablo II - possibly the only game I've played more than smash bros, absolutely awesome
    Goldeneye - the first FPS I played and liked
    Contra - awesome NES goodness!

Thanks

Originally posted by crusher
    Wild Arms 3 (PS2): This game is �ber cool. Much better than Wild Arms 1 and 2. Gotta love the characters and the story.
    Heathen!

Anyway. Here's my list (In no particular order):

Chrono Trigger (SNES/PSX). It pwns everything and all.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2). Great story, great controls, great bosses. Gay main character.

Castlevania: Symphony of The Night (PSX/SS). It just rox0rz my sox0rz off.

Metroid (NES). Samus is hot!

Excitebike (NES). It's so fun! You fall off your bike, and the dirt and mud the pwning of everyone else, and yeah, it rocks.

Devil May Cry (PS2). Very innovative, with some really cool gameplay.

Final Fantasy IV (SNES). Kain Highwind is teh ultimate dragoon!

Suikoden (PSX). OMG, Pesmerga is so cool! And everything else about the game rocks too. The real FF killer IMHO.

Mario Kart (SNES). Mmm. Bananas.

Grandia (PSX). Great story, character development, music, etc.

Thanks

woooow many games aren't they m8s jezuss

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Crusher! You didn't put the twin snakes anywhere on that list
    you are allowed to have more then one game from the same series you know

anyhow, top ten games... that's hard, and what I put on my list at one time will be different from 10 minutes later as my mind will be in a different area, and I will remember different games from my past that I don't remember now, so It's not something I'm exacctly comfortable with typing out, as in ten minutes I wll be wanting to edit my list, then edit it again in another 5, and so on. but anyway, I suppose I will try....

1.a) Front Mission : classic gaming goodness, definatly the best game series Square ever made(NOT final fantasy)

1.b) Front Mission 4 : Alot like front mission , so much like infact, that the same game could of been made on the Snes instead of the ps2(with a little worse graphics), something which I consider a very good thing, as it shows that the developers did not go out of their way to re-invent and snaz up the product, the only real new feature is the link system, which adds greatly to the tactical possibilities. (I would also note that Front mission 4 is one of the few good games square has made since final fantasy 6)

2. Ghosts and Goblins : I have many fond memories of this fun and challenging game, It's been ages since I've played it, but it is still always a game I remember.

3. Age of Wonders : Simply the best Strategy game I've ever played, note it is Age of Wonders 1, not number 2 or 3, which in my opinion, were complete shit in comparison.

4. Bomberman : (Entire series, except Jeters and hero), you can't really compile a list of great games without mention of this great addicting single and multiplayer greatness that is bomberman.

5. Desperados : A great old west themed squad game, the only squad game I've played where each and every character truely feels unique. I don't like old west themed stuff really, but I loved this game.

6. Enemy Infestation : ....... what? am I the only person that liked this game?..... well, this is(in my opinion) a very fun squad based strategy game, alot of people were bugged by the fact that all the games missions took place on something like 5 maps, but the enemies and obstacles were differenly placed enough that they didn't really feel the same to me anyway.

7. Black and White : This game was profoundly original(atleast in my opinion), and felt like a cross between populous and tamigotchi (but in alot better a way then that sounds)

8. Final Fantasy 6 : I was hoping to make a list without a single final fantasy game, but unfortunatly final fantasy 6 is just to good to leave out. the best final fantasy game out their, and the last good one they made untill many years after it, as the next three they will release suck, so this game really felt like the last in the great legacy to me.

9. Robot Alchemic Drive : This game is one of the best games I have ever played, great single player action, good plot, fun multiplayer, and the various controlable robots all feel unique. The game does have a few flaws which keep it from being higher up on the list though,
    firstly the voice acting in the english version is so bad it takes years off of ones life, breaks glass, and wilts nearby plants, if you can understand japanese, then get the jap version.
    seconly, although the plot of this game is good, it has a way of screaming it self at you in the middle of a battle, completly distrubting the flow of battle.
    thirdly, the one player mode is a little short, although it does give you reason to play multiple times, as the plot is slightly different for the three characters, and varies a little depending on how you preform on missions. and, if you play the multiplayer mode, then you unlock asmodeus when you beat it with one of the two guys, and you unlock black vavel if you beat it with the girl, so if you want everything you have to beat it atleast twice.
    I wanted to save this games best feature for last, so I wouldn't be ending on a negative not describing how the game is bad, so the best feature in this game is deffinatly the controls(as well as the implementation of controling), it feels very much like you are actually controlling a large robot, and you need to manuver your person close enough to the battle to see the robot you remotly control, but not move to close or you will be crushed in the battle.

10.a) Diablo 2 : A very fun game, good action,, all the characters are unique, and the game controls easily, it is far to easy though (and yes i have beaten it on hell difficutly before anyone pipes up saying "I bet you couldn't even beat nightmare")

10.b) Diablo 1 : Clearly inferior in general gameplay to Diablo 2, but ties up with it because it is actually challenging to play, unlike it's sequal.

There, I'm done, if anyone actually reads all that, will you please tell me so, so I know I didn't waste all that time
    Last edited by karragh; 14th-July-2004 at 02:29.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------