Thread: burning with daemon tools

Thanks

Default burning with daemon tools

so i got daemon tools and mounted the image, now how do i burn the image to a cd so it will play in a modded ps2?
    <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bctbasser/yumero.html">My Trading List</a>
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    128Mbs ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

You can't burn with Daemon Tools. But now that you've mounted the image, you can use a burning program to copy the virtual cd disc you created with Daemon. That's how it works.

Thanks

that makes daemon tools kind of pointless then. if i downloaded the image and mounted it to the drive, then i have to go through an extra process of copying it then burning it. whereas, if i just used a burning program and burned the downloaded image directly without even mounting it, it would save the time it takes to copy the image. i know if you mount the image, you can play it with an emulator, but doesn't that slow the emulation down? i know if you run the image in the cd drive it will slow the emulation down. but also, if you open the image directly from the emulator, wouldn't that save the trouble of having to mount the image to a drive?

knowing this, what is the actual point of having daemon tools?
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

It's good because if you don't have any cd's to burn the ISO or simply just don't want to burn it, you can create a virtual cd drive instead. Goodums!

Thanks

why would you need the virtual cd drive though?
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks
    EP Points

You can use it for emulators. You can also use it for PC games that you make ISOs of that you own. Then instead of having to get the disk out everytime you want to play a game you just mount the image. It protects the originals. It doesn't slow down emulation. I don't get what you mean by an extra process of copying then burning it. All you do is mount the image. Your computer thinks you have another CD rom drive. Then you just go into Nero or something and click Copy CD. When it asks you for the drive you choose the virtual drive. This is useful if you don't have the program that burns that specific kind of ISO. Daemon's Tools mounts just about any kind of ISO. I use it for my PC games that I bought.