Thread: Trouble with Chrono Cross - PSX Emu

Shadow Guardian Guest

Default Trouble with Chrono Cross - PSX Emu

I am having troubles getting Chrono Cross to run smoothly.

I am using ePSXe 1.5.2 since I have read that 1.6 does not like Chrono Cross and no one can get it working.

Video Driver: Pete's D3D Driver 1.75

(Special Game Fixes: Use PC FPS calculation; Lazy Upload detection; Odd/even bit hack; Special Upload detection.)

Sound Driver: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.

(Everything enabled except for SPU IRQ Hack.)

CDRom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

Drive: X

(Nothing Enabled.)

Game Format: ISO

Video Card: GeForce 4 MX 440 (64 MB)

Sound Card: I am not exactly sure, I believe it is: C-Media Wave Device

It took a great deal of tweaking just to get the game to work as it does now, and I am not happy, it is playable, and if I must I will play it like this, but I prefer that i can fix it, hehe. Now, for the problem.

The sound quality is reasonable, BUT, whenever I change rooms (e.g. Walk into a house, walk out to world map, anything where you walk "off-screen" and appear somewhere else.) It makes an odd noise for about 2 seconds, and then goes back to normal.

The video quality is OK in about 60% of the places, but, in some places the text is almost impossible to read, and the graphics are just fuzzy. My biggest complaint is when I'm in a battle. The text at the top left that says "Field Effect" is unreadable, I only know what it says becuase some guy explained it.

This, I am unsure of, at times it seems the game is going to slow, that might be just me though, becuase I have no idea how fast the game is supposed to run. So, that is a possible problem, but not a major thing.

If no one knows how to fix this I will just go hunting for a Video Driver and Sound Driver that works with the game. But, I am hoping one of you guys knows how.

Thanks in advance,

~SG

jack100 Guest

actually Chrono Cross works perfectly on 1.6.0, you just have to have the command line "-noauto". to do that, make a shortcut to ePSXe.exe, and right click the shortcut and click on Properties. There you'll see a "target" field which will say where the ePSXe.exe is and just add "...\ePSXe.exe -noauto".

And I used Peops soft driver plugin and it worked perfectly for me, I think I used the defult settings, and just enabled all the normal stuff, like "keep aspect ratio" and "limit FPS".