View Poll Results: What religion do you follow?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity.

31 30.69%
  • Judaism.

1 0.99%
  • Islam.

3 2.97%
  • Buddhism.

3 2.97%
  • Paganism(Celtic religion).

1 0.99%
  • Neo-Paganism.

0 0%
  • Tao-ism.

2 1.98%
  • Other(please state which).

11 10.89%
  • I'm Atheist, no God for me.

31 30.69%
  • I beleive in a God/supreme being, but I don't follow a specific religion.

11 10.89%
  • I'm not sure.

7 6.93%
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: What religion do you beleive in?

Thanks

Default What religion do you beleive in?

What religion/belief do you follow? I'm curious to know. If mods feel that I've missed out any other major religions, please add them to the poll.
    Choices are:
    -Christianism(Catholics, Protestants, Anabaptists, etc.)
    -Judaism(sp?)
    -Islam(no stupid jokes please)
    -Buddhism
    -Paganism(Celtic religion)
    -Neo-Paganism(no idea what this is)
    -Tao-ism
    -Other(please state which)
    -I'm Atheist, no God for me.
    -I beleive in a God/supreme being, but I don't follow a specific religion.
    -I'm not sure(on any religion).

I was brought up as a Christian, but I never beleived in God. It was quite an unpleasant surprise for my mother when I first told her, but she learned to accept it. So I'm 100% atheist, and I always will be until science proves that a supreme being exists. Maybe I picked up science textbooks when I was a little too young.
    This might be interesting, but hopefully it won't turn into a flame war.

Thanks

I believe in a God etc etc, mostly geared around Christian beliefs, but I don't practise the faith.

This topic should have an eye kept on it, similar subjects have turned into flame wars in the past...
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

If everyone respects each others beleifs, then there will be no problem. That hasn't happened throughout history however. Please keep it civil.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

I have my beliefs but I don't follow any religion to code as every religion is messed up in its own little way. Soeru, they are planning an expedition to see whether Noah's Ark existed. I personally don't think it'll amount to anything, but if it did, would that be enough proof for you? I am just curious what others woud think if it turned out to be real
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks

Same possition for me as it was for Soeru except my mom never cared because she doesn't beleive in God herself. I just can't really beleive in something I can't see or witness for myself but oh well...If I were to follow a religion though the one that kinda makes the most sense to me is Budhism but I still wouldn't practice it religiously
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

If they find, I'll be amazed -
    a) because maybe the whole Noah story was real, and
    b) a wooden Ark managed to stay preserved and identifiable after thousands of years

If they don't find it, which is what will probably happen, that doesn't really mean anything. Doesn't disprove an entire religion
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

I don't think they could discover much either, even with Carbon-dating or whatever since noone knows the exact dates of all the events in the bible(except for a few).
    And to answer your question: not really. If they found an oldass ship filled with pairs of animal skeletons(as if they would last so long), I might consider it to be true. Don't get me wrong, I know there are *some* true stories in the bible and other religious writings such as the Talmud or the Koran, but most of them are -no offense- fairy tales.
    I mean, if Noa was the last man left alive on Earth(don't know if he travelled with a woman or not, sorry), just how do you suppose he reproduced? Same with Adam and Eve, are we all children of the same family? I think not, we don't all look deformed.
    There are a few stories in the Bible that I do like: The story about God asking Abe to sacrifice his son for his faith, but he's then stopped by an angel that tells him he's shown his faith already. David and Goliath was cool too, although kind of violent for a religious moral, dont you think? I won't even get into the creation theories and Jesus Christ, since Im likely to offend every Christian here.
    Last edited by Soeru; 29th-April-2004 at 20:37.

Uncle Evil Guest

im kind of mix i beleive in wicca but then other times i just dont care and dont believe anything at all

Thanks

Like I said, I don't take any religon totally seriously I mean, men wrote most religous books so how true can they be? The interesting thing with Noah's Ark is that it may be in a position that wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. They are only going there since last year's heat wave melted a bit of snow and something appears to be there. I know finding Noah's Ark wouldn't justify christianity, but it would be interesting to see a bible story come to fruition in some way. Which btw, if you ever read a christian bible it is indeed quite screwy (no offense to anyone)

Thanks

Originally posted by mushindo
    I mean, men wrote most religous books so how true can they be? The interesting thing with Noah's Ark is that it may be in a position that wouldn't be possible under normal circumstances. They are only going there since last year's heat wave melted a bit of snow and something appears to be there. I know finding Noah's Ark wouldn't justify christianity, but it would be interesting to see a bible story come to fruition in some way. Which btw, if you ever read a christian bible it is indeed quite screwy (no offense to anyone)
    Men wrote *most* religious books? Where did the other books not written by mankind(if any) come from? The Christian Bible is quite screwy, check out an article/documentary I found on *a well known BT tracker that I won't mention due to warez, but Im sure you know which* that talks about if Jesus was real, and something elselike "The Bible-plenty of drugs, sex, violence, and alcohol". Just search the site for "bible" or "jesus".

Is wicca the same as paganism? Correct me if Im wrong. I really find the teachings of Wicca very interesting, especially since Im a fan of sorcery and the medieval-themed manga called Berserk. Too bad such nice people got oppressed so badly.
    EDIT:Horrible grammar. 0.o
    Last edited by Soeru; 30th-April-2004 at 06:01.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

According to the papers, I'm a christian. But screw religions I say. I'm an Atheist.

Thanks

Well, some religous bibles were written by their "god" who consequently was a human being. So what I meant was, using part of the christian bible, it was written by men who were nobody. Preaching of the religon, not saying hey this is your god writting this, believe it or you will die!! Something along those lines Really, what religion is until it is proven in a scientific way, is something humans use to cope with the crappy world they have created. Hoping that all of this junk is worth something after you die. When really, Earth could be a paradise if everyone would join together and get their acts together, rather than fighting each other.

Thanks

I'm Atheist, no God for me rules

Thanks

Atheist. Relegion sucks, but the ones who wrote "The Bible" must have a really good fantasy.

Thanks

Atheist I am.........

Above sig cortesy of Soldier

Above sig courtesy of Bad neighbor

Check out Gamerz Base.
    www.gamerzbase.cjb.net

Join in the forums too!