Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this legal

Thanks
    EP Points

From reading this it seems you have your rom law correct for one territory, but perhaps not another. The backup laws are different dependent on where you are situated.

As for any emulator being illegal, you are wrong (as has been proved in several court cases), unless I misread what you were stating. And at this time of day, that's eminently possible.

PTurner169 Guest

Originally posted by Del_Boy
    From reading this it seems you have your rom law correct for one territory, but perhaps not another. The backup laws are different dependent on where you are situated.

As for any emulator being illegal, you are wrong (as has been proved in several court cases), unless I misread what you were stating. And at this time of day, that's eminently possible.
    Yes, I understand about laws being different. But mainly, these people whom get in trouble and do these things are those whom live in the countries where it is illegal. America and most of europe, also including Japan and other major countries part of NATO, and the EU also have these laws.

Unless the emulator was made using different coding and nothing could be traced back to the original source, then it would be legal but that is nearly impossible.

Don't take my word for it:
    Go ahead you live in sweden (a country with these laws), mass produce CDs with emulators on them and sell them to the public, tell me that the police nor anyone else will not do anything to do.

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Your vision of a world is communism in theory. I am in support of emulation, not the capitalist proliferation of it. The analogy is simple. I am sure others will understand it. You seem to be a close minded fellow so when you read it, I assume you thought I was against emulation. I am only against selling other people's work. Read my previous posts and you'll see. I am all for communism theory. I think everything should be shared. However, the human race is selfish and ignorant. That is why when communism theory is implented it falls apart fast and becomes twisted. This entire thread consists of diatribes. Which all comes down to semantics. It just all depends on where you draw the line and what analogies you reference off of.
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

PTurner169 Guest

I did not say you were against emulation nor did I even think it.
    Communism... That is what I am totally against.

Communism is when the government has complete control over everything. The government profits off of others work; the citizens labor.

Do you not know your history? Cuba, China, Russia, all communist.

All disarmed their citizens, military was the government every single one of those countries was a police state, they could do anything they wanted at anytime. Millions were killed, without any warnings all at. You do not get the right to a fair trial; you are killed on the spot if suspected of a crime. They control the population by brainwashing. All businesses, factories, and all housing is owned by the government. They say whom can stay and whom has to go. All funding went to the government, the citizens go without food and water. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

If Communism is your ideal government, sorry to tell you this but you have been mislead.

Thanks

COMMUNISM THEORY. Not communism as the world has seen. Do you know how to interpret sentences properly?

PTurner169 Guest

What is your COMMUNISM THEORY then?

As many dictionaries and websites will tell you:

The communism theory is elimination of private property and complete government control of the econmony. A totalitarian system. Marxism-Leninism ideology. A theory used by tyrants.

This is what I just explained... and what we have seen in the world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

communism would work in theory, if humans wernt so greedy/selfish. thats why i can say i believe in communism, but i do not actively persue the persue the spread of it.. if i did, with the job i do, it'd be a bad thing, hehe.

btw, mushindo, read his location, that might tell you something of the caliber of person he is
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi-Suke
    You really aren't kidding about your title... wow.
    There isn't an acronym to describe how badly I want you to not be here.

Thanks

I am well aware of his character Zeik It's rather obvious.

Here is a dictionary definition of communism.
    A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.
    Why don't you read the dictionary before you make references to it PT

PTurner169 Guest

Merriam Webster's Deluxe Dictionary [Tenth collegiate edition]

1. a theory advocating elimination of private property
    2. a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production

Thanks
    Blog Entries

besides mr. turner, a ditionary is, by definition, unbiased, so cannot use the word "tyrant" when referring to anything other than sysnomyms of 'tyrant'

PTurner169 Guest

Tyrant

1. an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution.
    2. a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally.

As we have seen, communism only works with this kind of person.
    There cannot be a world with only a theory without its predecessor. Meaning if there is a communist society, there will be a communist government.
    In a communist government, there is only one absolute leader, whom cannot be judged, thus being a tyrant.

Thanks

Originally posted by PTurner169
    Merriam Webster's Deluxe Dictionary [Tenth collegiate edition]

1. a theory advocating elimination of private property
    2. a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production
    You forgot part B of number one in your edited dictionary quote.
    You also said, in previous posting, that you believe of free trade. Meaning, no one owns anything so they won't have a right to gain royalties off of something they put labor into. Thus, no private property. It is nice to see you put so much effort into your opinions, but your justifications are biased, half-witted, and terribly flawed.
    Last edited by mushindo; 27th-April-2004 at 10:25.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i -DID- mention that i love you, right mushindo?

Thanks

Hehe Yep and the feeling is pretty much reciprocated unto you and everyone else as well

PTurner169 Guest

Free Trade, is an economic concept referring to the trade of products without taxes, meaning tax-free trade. No hidden fees, no extra costs, no addons, nothing more than a simple trade.