0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being

0 0%
  • Gil

0 0%
  • Whores

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Earth Day (can you guess who posted this?)

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

Default It's Earth Day (can you guess who posted this?)

WHOO! Earth Day is here. Just a reminder for everyone out there How many of you expected this thread to have been created by me
    Here is a nifty link I found. Pretty pointless, but eh that's what most think when it comes to the enviroment.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/earthday04/

The 10th one is interesting. I can admit that I never thought about it

You can expect a nifty thread for Greenery Day (Japan)
    The leader is never the idiot, rather the people who follow....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A whole day dedicated to the earth?!

Thanks

Earth Day sucks, and so does the enviroment.

Thanks

It is totally crazy I know. Personally, I think it's a joke. Only one time in school, back in 3rd grade, earth day was acknowledged and the entire school planted a tree. Which probably all died anyway. I just happened to look at my calender and noticed it was today. Otherwise, I would have been none the wiser

Gospel, you charmer you

Thanks

Hm. I didn't really celebrate Earth Day. Unless shaving with the water running the whole time, and buying some gas for my SUV is considered celebrating.
    XBL I IcedEarth28
    Play with me!

Thanks

earth day....Last time I heard anyone say ANYTHING about earth day was years ago...
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

Earth day, eh...?

Did Green Peace do anything wacky to celebrate this wondrous occasion...?

Thanks

lol interestingly enough, they didn't. I just checked. I don't follow greenpeace anyway. They usually just kick up dirt and really don't change much of anything they protest about.

Thanks
    EP Points

There is just one problem with your sig that I have. You say that burning one gallon of gas = 20 lbs of CO2 released into the air.

How is that possible? I know that water weighs 8 lbs to the gallon. I also know that water and gas are pretty close to having the same density so how is that possible? That 100 tons of plant matter also died about 100 million years ago too.

I just think it is good that we have more conservation people out there.

Thanks

It's the chemical reaction that occurs. Gas isn't CO2 nor does it have CO2 in it. I don't really feel like laying down all the detailed chemistry, I don't even know how many would understand it anyway
    As you know, fossil fuels are not renewable. If fossil fuels were renewable in a practical way, there simply wouldn't be an energy crisis brewing right now. Just more enviromental ones.
    Since 1751 *about the start of the industrial revolution* humans have burned fossil fuel that would have come from all the plants on earth for 13,300 years.
    196,000 pounds of prehistoric plant matter yields >> 13 lbs crude oil >> 6.2 lbs gasoline (1 gallon) 5.4 lbs carbon >>19.8 lbs CO2.
    A gallon of gas >> 100 tons of plant matter which is equivalent to 40 acres of wheat.
    I've been up for about 24 hours, so let me know if any of that needs further clarification
    Last edited by mushindo; 23rd-April-2004 at 22:43.

Thanks

It is pretty sad that nobody cares about the environment at all...we'll just let the future generations deal with it...

Thanks

Today is Earth day?

shit.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks
    EP Points

Now that I think of the chemical reactions it could possibly be 20 pounds. Possibly since you are getting 2 O atoms from the atmosphere.

Thanks

I knew it was from you. When I saw this thread, immediately I thought mushindo.

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    Now that I think of the chemical reactions it could possibly be 20 pounds. Possibly since you are getting 2 O atoms from the atmosphere.
    I can assure you, my calculations are correct though Incidentally, about a month after I decided to calculate some of these statistics, Jeffrey Dukes from University of Massachusetts, made simliar calculations, and I only made one error, I came up with 19.5 lbs instead 19.8 lbs. I think I'll calculate the approximate emissions of all pollution created by human development and such and how long it'll take before Earth's ecosystem can no longer handle such emissions. It's sooner than you think In fact, various researches continue to bring up chilling results from ocean studies. If anyone actually cares about that I can elaborate a little more
    I would also like to mention that I am not an environmentalist fanatic. If I were, I surely wouldn't be using this computer or any electricity right now since this town's power plant is coal
    I simply became this passionate after reading fact after fact of disturbing evidence from things going on today. I won't club someone to death who drives a Hummer. I just say what's really happening. Knowledge is power right? So there, my two cents. I just had to say all that because I think some people may see me as that. If verifiable, credible, evidence comes about that everything is a sham and the earth isn't in trouble (not bloody likely though ) I would accept it. My mind is never closed