Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The "Request a Tutorial" thread. (All other requests will be transfered into here)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion
    Your point being? Noone answered his question, so I thought I might actually, y'know, try and find out just what it was he was on about, on the off chance he still needed help. I didn't realize posts were date sensitive in this thread. Hmn.
    Besides that if anyone else has the same problem, their is now a answer for them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnagod
    Ok i found the IP but when i am connecting it says: "Too many connections from your internet address"
    And NO, i dont have other connections with emuparadise right now.
    Some FTP-clients try to make more than 1 connection (1 for browsing, others for uploading and downloading stuff). You could try checking the options if you can use only 1 connection for the whole thing.

I use LeechFTP, and I can choose to use "Main thread" for transfers. The only way I can get stuff from EP FTP server...
    Have you seen me before?

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, your getting dodgy?
    Besides, GundamGuy, if you would have took the time to read Cyber's post, you would have saw that he wasn't answering to the question yet. He was missing some important informations.

Also, the fact that this member has 1 post, made on october 30th, reduce the chances he's ever going to type EP forum url in his browser. But, I saw your willing to help Cyber, your of good nature and for that you'll receive a merit star.

Here it is, made from my own right hand of doom. May god bless you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    blah blah blah.
    It's rather obvious that he only signed up to get help with his problem. Being that noone even attempted to help him, perhaps his lack of posts could be attributed to that. It doesn't matter to me. I saw someone in need, who's question had gone for two months without an answer, and I wanted to help if I could. I can't assume that he's hasn't been checking in from time to time on the off chance someone had answered his question, and given that posts in this thread aren't time sensitive as they might be in say, a request thread or whatnot, it simply doesn't matter.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's why I gave you a merit star actually. Your my favorite Cyberxion of the world.
    Enough thread spamming for me now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Enough thread spamming for me now.
    Heh, it's all good. I did respond to a two month old post, and since mods are apparently infallible, it does seem like a big deal. I don't blame ya for any of this.

Thanks

What is the best way to compress an psx iso if you want to upload or make a torrent? Is it best to use winzip or winrar or are there better alternatives. Also does it make much difference when you zip a file and do it again????? Or is this useless???

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meccorr
    What is the best way to compress an psx iso if you want to upload or make a torrent? Is it best to use winzip or winrar or are there better alternatives. Also does it make much difference when you zip a file and do it again????? Or is this useless???
    It's hard to say, Zip is good sometimes Rar is good for things that you want broken in to part's... it depends on which one takes the least time to compress and how much space they save...

And about the compressing a compressed file, it might save some space, but it's not enought in my opinon to warrent doing it again.

Thanks

Default Compression

I use a program called 7zip which compresses to *.7z files.
    You might want to check it out too, because:
    1. i can take a .rar file, unpack it, recompress it and get a smaller filesize than the original .rar file. As a very rough estimate, say a 400MB .rar file might get to 370MB.
    2. WinRAR is not freeware and 7zip is
    3. in my small experience .zip files are always larger than .rar and .7z files

On the other hand:
    1. Everyone uses .zip and .rar, though i have also seen a large number of .7z files and new compression programs also recognize .7z files and are able to decompress them
    2. WinRAR cad do encryption (with password protection), can split a file into smaller parts (WinZip does this too), and can do recovery records (magic if you ask me, i have no clue to how they work, but very useful to make sure people are able to get 100% non-corrupt files)
    3. As another rough estimate, to compress a 700MB file (say a CD game), with my super compression settings, it takes just over 1 hour of intensive CPU time, during which my computer is working 100% and so should probably be best left alone. (Though this time may be due to my current compression settings, and may also be similar to those achieved using WinRAR or WinZip)

After reading this, you may get the idea WinRAR is better, but i can say 7Zip is also quite good especially if you dont plan to use the extra features of WinRAR (encryption, file splitting, recovery records)

Take it easy

Thanks

I just tried to compress a 410 mb iso and the results were:

winrar compression 274 mb
    7z compression 272

So not a shocking difference only for 7z there was an option for ultra compression i couldnt use deu to the low virtual memory I had.

Thanks

Hi EP people, Ive recently been dying to start downloading some anime for my viewing pleasure, but since I have dialup I know it would take too long. But now that I will be getting cable internet soon I would appreciate it if someone made a guide or directed me to one that tells me how to get anime from the net. I already know there are a couple of eps on torrent sites, but what if I want something that isn't there, or a rare anime?
    thnx ppl, waiting for your replies!
    Last edited by Themikemachine; 11th-January-2005 at 16:00.
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks

I just tried to compress a 410 mb iso and the results were:

winrar compression 274 mb
    7z compression 272

So not a shocking difference only for 7z there was an option for ultra compression i couldnt use deu to the low virtual memory I had.
    The compression rate depends on the image content. A simple one-track Mode 2/2352 PSX/PS2 image compressed using 7z with LZMA Ultra, usually will give an archive about 10-15% smaller than WinRAR with the "Best" compression. If the image has audio tracks, WinRAR can compress it even more than 7z.

Quote Originally Posted by Themikemachine
    Hi EP people, Ive recently been dying to start downloading some anime for my viewing pleasure, but since I have dialup I know it would take too long. But now that I will be getting cable internet soon I would appreciate it if someone made a guide or directed me to one that tells me how to get anime from the net. I already know there are a couple of eps on torrent sites, but what if I want something that isn't there, or a rare anime?
    thnx ppl, waiting for your replies!
    Do you really think to be here in the right place to ask for tutorials about how to find - let's say, hmm... not very legal things on the net?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aurelianus
    Do you really think to be here in the right place to ask for tutorials about how to find - let's say, hmm... not very legal things on the net?
    well, why not? this is an emulation site, and emulation isn't exactly legal. I haven't heard that being banned in this forum...
    Signature removed by Administrator. One picture per sig limit.<!--
    -->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Themikemachine
    well, why not? this is an emulation site, and emulation isn't exactly legal. I haven't heard that being banned in this forum...
    Well I thought anime and such are considered warez

Just read the can-can't post list thread. It says any movie files aren't allowed here.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Auralianus seems to have a nack for acting as an amature moderator, and is more often then not, very off base. Don't listen to anything he says. If you have any questions as to what is or isn't aloud here, then by all means, PM a staff member, and we'll letcha know.

As far as anime goes, we do have an Animeparadise site as part of EP's network, so yeah, anime is all good. Also, note the Animeparadise board, and the fact that many people have to this day requested anime, and discussed downloading it, without getting into trouble for it. So again, anime is fine.