Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Thanks

Default Bush's Ban on Gay Marriages

Does anyone else think that this new amendment to the American constitution that Bush is proposing is unfair? I mean, if you love someone, shouldn't you be able to be with them how you want to be? Whether or not the two of you are of the same sex?

I'm sooooooooooo not voting for Bush.

Thanks

i don't think it's bad at all. people are not supposed to be attracted to the same sex, let alone marry them.

wasn;t there a thread on this genre of things awhile back?

get on your bikes and ride!

Thanks

Originally posted by youthquake
    i don't think it's bad at all. people are not supposed to be attracted to the same sex, let alone marry them.

Well, yeah, there was, but it wasn't about Bush's ban.

And a little bit of info for you: In ancient Greece, they encouraged gay relationshiops. TAKE THAT!!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Megami

And a little bit of info for you: In ancient Greece, they encouraged gay relationshiops. TAKE THAT!!!
    Yep. In fact, in the case of the Spartans, most of the soldiers in the army were coupled up. This made the soldiers loyal to each other, and therefor better soldiers.

Maybe if Bush wants to do well in his War on Terrorism, he should encourage the troops to get together

Thanks

Originally posted by Wulf
    Yep. In fact, in the case of the Spartans, most of the soldiers in the army were coupled up. This made the soldiers loyal to each other, and therefor better soldiers.

Maybe if Bush wants to do well in his War on Terrorism, he should encourage the troops to get together
    Thank you for the support, Wulf.

People. There is NOTHING wrong with gay people! I have several friends (male and female) who are gay. They're just like normal people. I myself am not gay, but I fully support my friends. They can count on me to stand up for them as I can count on them to stand up for me.

Anyway. What the hell is wrong with gay people? They're human, just like everyone else. So what if their sexual interests are different? They're still people. They should be allowed to be together.

And screw the god-damned war on terrorism. It ain't going to do any good.

Thanks

I don't know... it is depending on your POV. It is also a matter of choice. In the end, if you want to be with someone, you'll just do that. And really, do you think that it will all come to realization? Think on these two words : Electionary Year. He wants to gain some votes with those who are on the conservative/ religious side.

Personally I don't like the prospect of gays going to a church to ask a father/priest to do a wedding ceremony, under threat of jail because it would be considered prejudice if he doesn't want to (that is an extreme example, but it happened twice here in PR).

I don't know, the institution of a family, as I see it is the union of a man and a woman. Physically men are incompatible with their own and, the same can be said about women. I am not the homophobic type, but I fimly believe that a line that defines the meaning of a family must be drawn. I love women anyway.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Originally posted by Lord Galcian
    I don't know... it is depending on your POV. It is also a matter of choice. In the end, if you want to be with someone, you'll just do that. And really, do you think that it will all come to realization? Think on these two words : Electionary Year. He wants to gain some votes with those who are on the conservative/ religious side.

Personally I don't like the prospect of gays going to a church to ask a father/priest to do a wedding ceremony, under threat of jail because it would be considered prejudice if he doesn't want to (that is an extreme example, but it happened twice here in PR).

I don't know, the institution of a family, as I see it is the union of a man and a woman. Physically men are incompatible with their own and, the same can be said about women. I am not the homophobic type, but I fimly believe that a line that defines the meaning of a family must be drawn. I love women anyway.
    I know what you're saying. Most gay couples, however, if they want family, usually adopt.

That was just some random fact I pulled off some website today.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you for the support, Wulf.

People. There is NOTHING wrong with gay people! I have several friends (male and female) who are gay. They're just like normal people.
    If there is nothing wrong with homosexual people, why do you call hetrosexuals 'normal'?
    Last edited by Sprung; 26th-February-2004 at 03:51.

Thanks

This... is not Ancient Greece, Last time I checked, it fell some two and half thousand years ago?
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

This... is not Ancient Greece, Last time I checked, it fell some two and half thousand years ago?
    Christ. I was just stating a god-damned fact. Anything wrong with that?

*proceeds to repeatedly slam her head on the desk*

Nowhere near what my IP says. Which is weird, yes?
    Thanks

When you break it down and set aside the homophobes. It is unconstitutional to deny any human living in the US to marry. Simple as that. Eventually it will be legal so why won't everyone just deal with it. It would also help the fight in STDs since couples would be less likely to cheat. Common fact among marriages. Of course some people still cheat but it doesn't hurt it. So the only two reasons why lawmakers will ban it is b/c they are homophobes and they don't want to lose any more money.

Thanks
    EP Points

a god-damned fact.
    Now I am starting to agree....

Thanks

Christ. I was just stating a god-damned fact. Anything wrong with that?

*proceeds to repeatedly slam her head on the desk*
    Nein, Megami... nothing wrong in trying to state a fact. I just wanted to bring you a bit down to earth...

Nothing personal, really. Romans did the same damn thing.
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Originally posted by youthquake

Let me ask, Who said. Who said people are not supposed to. Who are we to say what one can and cannot do. Is it your fault that you were born that way. If you were born white, is it ur fault. Should I discriminate against you because you are. This is the exact same thing, instead of race, its about ur preferality in love. And if you say GOD said man and woman are to be together, then that is bullshit. God creates humans, why did he create gays and lesbians if he disagrees with them.

You can object to same sex marriages, I don't mind but there is no reason to ban it. gays have to deal with their life, let them live normally or try to

Thanks

Nein, Megami... nothing wrong in trying to state a fact. I just wanted to bring you a bit down to earth...

Nothing personal, really. Romans did the same damn thing.
    *unfazed from the slammage of her head against the desk*

Bring me down to Earth? First get me a bandage for the cut in my hand... God damned pocket knife. The dangers of slamming your head on the desk while using a pocket knife to peel an orange.

Yeah, yeah. I get you...

*puts the knife and the orange aside and slams her head on the desk again*