Thread: yahoo site rar files...

Lurch X Guest

Red face yahoo site rar files...

ok now...i'm not exactly stupid...so...i downloaded a few iso's from those "yahoo group" sites...and now...if i remember correctly in order for rar's to be put back together there needs to be .r00, .r01, etc. and a .rar to fit them together...now i downloaded a few games where they were all .rar's...so you cant "meld" them...what's up with that? am i bein stupid?

Sloppy Guest

Actually readind you post again, it would probably be the first .rar you downloaded my guess.
    Last edited by Sloppy; 16th-February-2004 at 05:05.

Lurch X Guest

tried that...no luck...that's why i'm so confused...i mean the game works...but each rar has the same file name...they dont "meld"...and the file in each rar is so small i have a feeling it's not the whole game...or somethin...i dunno...it confuses me

hegyak Guest

you dont need to meld the file. just download winrar and open the file with the extention of .rar. extract all the files in that archive. it will go through all the files nessary. you dont need to meld it.

Thanks

^^^ Yeah, hegyak got it, and after that, put in a .zip file with WinZip or something.

Xhalphnir Guest

These yahoo group files are a pain, every two downloads they temporary disable your account from downloading files. Are there any ways around that?

Thanks

Multiple accounts... :O