Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Free Online MMORPG List

Thanks

Default Free MMORPG List

If anybody has one that they'd like to mention then post them please. Total of FREE MMORPGs collected so far: 11
    Post about dead links please!
    * = Special notes
    Ratings:
    1 - Very very bad. If your bored.
    2 - Look over it first and see if you like it.
    3 - You might want to try it.
    4 - You WILL want to try it.
    5 - Try this game for sure!
    *At the monent, the best is 4, unless I see some good resplies about that game, it won't go any higher then that.

----------------------------------
    New games

Vantage Master
    Vantage Master website
    I believe the pictures on the webite are screenshots.
    Rating: 4

The most attractive point of Vantage Master is the element of simulation game. Vantage Master is basically a simulation RPG, but the cumbersome system of simulation RPG is reduced as much as possible.

The rule is very simple. To win the battle, all you have to do is reduce the enemy's HP to 0. You summon the spirit called NATIAL, which is divided into 4 attribute, earth, water, fire, and heaven. You always have to remember that 4 attributes are supirior and inferior to one another. Winning the battle requires lots of thinking....get ready for intellectual simulation!

Savage Eden
    Savavge Eden website *Scroll to bottom for screenshots and movies.

The ships of the armada, blood already shed within them, slipped past the great space station orbiting the planet. The United Nations had authorized the exodus from the planet in light of the catastrophic environmental changes. Peoples from all over the planet were gathered and placed in the massive ships as the first wave to depart left Earth's orbit. The "Gateway to Paradise" held 500,000 people and they were heading to a planet dubbed "Eden".

*Wowzers.

Archive = 9 Games
    MU
    MU Homepage
    Screenshots

MU, a 3D online game produced by Webzen is a full on 3D MMORPG that is the first of its kind developed in Korea. MU is a highly involved fantasy Role Playing Game based on the legendary Continent of MU. You are given the choice of selecting between one of four classes, Dark Knight, Fairy, Dark Sorcerer and Magic Gladiator, and become a daring adventurer in the quest to save the land of MU. The beautiful surroundings made in full and glorious 3D was once unheard of and hardly imaginable but with the ingenious implementation of the Open GL Full 3D Engine technology developed by Webzen makes the impossible possible.

*This is for all you MMORPG lovers. Alot of people say it reminds them of Diablo 2.

-----------------------------------
    PlaneShift
    PlanetShift Homepage
    Screenshots
    Rating: 2

"The objective of the PlaneShift Team is to create a virtual fantasy world in which a player can start as a peasant in search of fame and become a hero. We will focus our efforts in the reproduction of a real world with politics, economy, many non-player-characters controlled by the server that will bring to life our world even without players connected."

*No Battle System! Looks good but people are saying it's laggy.

------------------------------------
    Mech Crusaders
    MC Homepage
    No Screenshots
    Rating: Unrated

Mech Crusaders (MechG) is the premier FREE browser-based game. You begin with little more than your wits, your luck, and a small bit of pocket change (credits). In time, you can create a fierce army of powerful mechs that will wreak havoc on the mechs of other commanders. There are 64 different weapons and armor to choose from, in 8 different classes (with more are coming soon!), various ways to improve the stats of your mechs, fully customizable attributes (with more features always forthcoming), and a fully integrated Battle Arena that lets you find exactly the right opponent!

*TEXT BASED.

MacroLand
    Macroland Homepage
    No Screenshots
    Rating: Unrated

First of all this is a role play game, so we expect you to create a real character, and to play with it in first person, like it was you, walking around town, making friends, fighting monsters, praying in the temple, all these actions are taken by you!

*TEXT BASED - The game is all on html pages, you go around following links, but what makes it good is the dynamicity of the game, it changes every day, get updates, new monsters, new players to fight, new friends, and unlimited growth.

Priston Tale
    http://www.Pristontale.com
    Screenshots

Priston Tale is a Full-3D MMORPG (Massively Multi-player Online Role-Playing Game) based on the players� adventures in the continent of Priston.

The 3D environment allows detailed character models and actual differences in height, making the whole experience much like watching an animated movie.

The free-floating camera also allows a whole 360 degrees of camera movement, and the combat sequences boasts explosive action and effects to bring arcade- level fun to the player.

To top it all, the addition of a Class Change system will effectively break the "leveling" monotony of typical MMORPGs by giving players the freedom of choosing the paths by which their characters will grow.

*This game looks very very good. You should give it a try if you have time. Just look at the screenshots!

Conquer
    http://www.conqueronline.com/
    Screenshots

In the mythical ancient Kungfu circle, an evil guild has risen in power to dominate the once peaceful world. Living under its terror, a group of courageous men and women has gathered to improve their skills to fight against the evil guild and bring justice back to people�s lives.

Experience the ancient Chinese Kungfu and magic, enjoy the endless beautiful scenery and mythical environment in which you can develop your own character and interact with other real-life and imaginary beings. This marvelous MMOG (Massively Multi-user Online Game) conquers the hearts of millions of players.

Beautiful 2D artistic backgrounds and advanced 3D effects bring characters and environments to life.

*Again, just looking at the screenshots will make you want to play it. Give it a try. Beware: The website is slow (Makes you wonder how their server will be online.)

BiosFear
    http://biosfear.tiscali.co.uk/
    Screenshots

3D Graphic Interface
    - Realistic views with stunning Full 3D Graphics
    - Feel free to change the point of view, zoom in and zoom out
    - Splendid 3D special effects when magic spells or weapons are used.
    Variety characters and items
    - Motions of Game characters varies with the weapon it holds.
    - A variety of emotional expressions and loads of different equipment to select from.
    Various monsters
    - Plenty of monsters, each with individual features and special abilities.
    - Magnificent and enormous world
    And much much more! This is only a portion of the features. Read more here!

*Drools*

Thesa Online
    Thesa Online website: Scroll down to the bottom for screenshots and features.
    Rating: 3

Thesa, simply put, is an "experience" created by the end user. Player goals are to hunt and kill monsters, while constantly building a powerful arsenal of weapons, armor, and magic. The pre-eminent goal of the game is the acquisition of high levels of experience and socialization with multitudes of other players.

*Looks promising.

Survival Project
    http://english.spgame.com
    Screenshots

Survival Project is?
    The Survival project (Surp) is an online action network game that you can do a real-time match against other users connecting online.

Survival Project: Offers 8 modes that provide different missions by each, and it offers 8 maps provide distinct environmental condition.

Read more features

*Screenshots make it look among the best of the best.

--------------------------------------
    Last edited by Kazuya; 13th-February-2004 at 09:53.
    As long as you got the power and the pad, you'll get the womens.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks
    EP Points

Now whichj of those games do u play. Mu and PlaneShift sound fun.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

I'm downloading the plane shift thing now.
    I'm afraid I dont know of any to add to the list though...
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Thanks

MY online RPG which will be released this weekend(although without much mapping completed...) is free

I'll post the site link when the site is up

oh, right, all the tiles, sprites, items etc. are all ripped from other games like Final Fantasy for now. It needs some original stuff at some point...for now the stuff aparently is legal to use though...so if anyone is a good pixel artist that wants to help me out PM me and maybe you can make the graphics for it

also the menu graphics are temporary...I'm redoing those at the moment...

EDIT: scratch that...the site is up now (though unfinished) it only has the home page, but the download for the client is there, it's a rar file for now until I make the installer script...so you will need WinRAR to get it...the server will not be on until the weekend however, as I have nothing for mapping/items/spells/npcs etc. that will only take a few days though...and if you want to help me that would be great just PM me and maybe I will admin you and then you can help me edit stuff

http://www.crimson-crusade.tk
    Last edited by Cyruz; 12th-February-2004 at 07:59.

Thanks

Planeshift is baaaaad. It's laggy and boring.

Thanks

Soldier: I am currently playing MU. Level 11 Dark Knight and getting bored with it already but you might like it if you don't have Diablo 2. After playing it for a while, I threw in Diablo 2 because MU reminded me of a cheap rip off from it, but don't keep me from making you get it, it's all good.

karragh: That's alright if you don't have any to sumbit. PlaneShift is getting bad reviews though...

Cyruz: Cool! I'll be waiting to post about it once your website is fully finished.

Howie: Thanks for the info man. I wasn't going to try that one anyway. lol

-------------------------------------------

I updated the list with 6 new free MMORPGs, added a rating system so you'll know which ones to check out, and added screenshot links for the new games. Check out the list under "Games below were added Feb. 12th".

Listen to the Mission

Thanks

Is Pristontale any good?

Thanks

I was playing Biosfear before i started playing RO. BF is good fun I had a lvl 70 bulkan but i think it's going to be p2p very soon

Thanks

Originally posted by Howie
    Is Pristontale any good?
    Lots of people say Priston Tale is very good and it suppose to have a interesting class thing

Thanks
    EP Points

Both Biosfear and Pristontale look to be alot of fun, Ill try out Biosfear first then move onto Pristontale

BTW:::All of my names on these games will either be "EPsoldier" or "soldier"

Thanks

Howie and Lateralus:
    I'm going to test PristonTale and see how well it runs. I'll give a brief discription after I've played it a couple hours, IF it runs on my computer at all.

Hey, anybody heard of FairyLand? I heard it's free but many many people have some type of freeze problem with it upon logging in. I would add it but I already know it won't work for most of us.

soldier
    Good good.
    LOL, we must think alike. My name in MU is epKazuya and I was thinking of doing that for everything I played. That would be good a way for all of us to recognize each other.
    Last edited by Kazuya; 12th-February-2004 at 21:13.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks
    EP Points

LOL, thats got to mean something then..., but when i get home(NightSchool)ima d/l Biosfear, MU, and Pristontale, and ill look for ya on those, if i cant find ya ill look harder .

Thanks

Originally posted by Kazuya
    Howie and Lateralus:
    I'm going to test PristonTale and see how well it runs. I'll give a brief discription after I've played it a couple hours, IF it runs on my computer at all.

Hey, anybody heard of FairyLand? I heard it's free but many many people have some type of freeze problem with it upon logging in. I would add it but I already know it won't work for most of us.

soldier
    Good good.
    LOL, we must think alike. My name in MU is epKazuya and I was thinking of doing that for everything I played. That would be good a way for all of us to recognize each other.
    I've played Fairyland the battles are sort of like Final Fantasy

Thanks

Took EveOnline off the list...it's not free.

Update: Feb. 13th:
    Added 2 new games (Savage Eden and Vantage Master) and I'm going to put the new games at the top from now on.
    Last edited by Kazuya; 13th-February-2004 at 09:59.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks
    EP Points

Savage Eden looks pretty fun, but im runnin outa space for these games, to much anime on the damn PC right now. Think its time to buy a DVD burner.