Thread: ftp question

E.M.S. Monkey Guest

Default ftp question

Here's a dumb question. How do I download the roms with an ftp program? What's the address? IE doesn't let me download the iso's (page unavailable).

Thanks

Download and install an FTP client, like <a href="www.smartftp.com">SmartFTP</a>. Copy the IP address from the site (right-clicking the link should help) and paste it into the IP prompt of your client. Don't connect directly to the desired file, rather, you should connect to the directory wich CONTAINS the desired file (Example: 123.456.789.0/dir rather than 123.456.789.0/dir/file.ext)...

If a username/pass is available, type it into the corresponding prompt and connect... If no user/pass is available, leave the fields blank and connnect as-is... If prompted for a username/pass after contacting the server, type"anonymous" for user (without the quotes) and leave the password field blank... If anonymous login is allowed, you should be OK...

For troubleshooting, post at the Computer Tech forum...

Thanks

Default A Cry for Help! FTP Related!

Iam using EFTP3, completely different from cute or smart ftp. I need info on what to input in the address, port, username password. Please reply someone. I will be really obliged.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right. This is a year old thread. If you need help, you'll be better off starting your own. Also, you need to be more specific as to who's FTP you're trying to access.