Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What it means to be Canadian

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default What it means to be Canadian

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place of great balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people". God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who come across them."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed; "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth idiots I'm putting next to them...."

Bwahahaha. The first good junk mail I've gotten in a long time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes Canada is beautiful, but some of the people ive know that were born and raised in canada that moved here werent very funny, but thats just som,e of them. My mom is from canada so its all good, Aye, cant wait to go there for the summer.

Thanks

Canada is Teh RoXxXors!!!11!!1111

0.o seriously i'm fro, ontario and with the exception of video games bein outragously overpriced i'm happy as can be.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

After dealing with Canuck fanatics (Not Canadian, I refuse to dignify them with that term), I kind of have a knee-jerk reaction to Canadian nationalist sentiments in general...plus, I've heard it before (from said Canucks).

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

That Joke is really simaler to one I heard before except it was Britain and France instead of Canada And U.S.A

About those Canuck fanatics Zephyr

I was visiting people I know in B.C. a little while ago and the Canuks had just one some stupid game and there was (at 11:00PM I might add) a bunch of idiot canuck fans driving about honking their horns and screaming like the canucks had just saved the world or something.
    By 11:30 me and my friends got sick of it all went outside and yelled ''canucks suck'' at the top of our lungs then ran back in side, although not before hearing several people screaming back at us.

oh and all that matters to me about hockey is if the Calgary Flames beat the Edmonton Oilers.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Thanks

What are you talking Abut? oh and i love that "How's it going Eh?" hehe "eh?"

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks
    EP Points

*grins* super-human ice hockey players eh? I like it

Sanitarium Guest

And that was a junk mail?? I usually get only some diploma stuff and penis pill commercials.. But that story is funny..!

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Sanitarium 83
    I usually get only some diploma stuff and penis pill commercials..
    *laughs* Don't we all?

Sanitarium Guest

Yes, and i probably would need 'em

Thanks

as one of the few americans who wishes he lived in canada, i find that joke very, very funny. only problem i see is that the new pm is the canadian version of blair, it looks like he's gonna be a suck up to bush.

Thanks

Nice Joke. I live in Calgary and we have as strong sense of being Canadian.

karragh: Flames better go to the playoffs.

Thanks

i have no intention of moving to canada but that joke did put a smile on my face.. with me being bunkered down in Connecticut, i can say it's almost like a cheap canada with ghettos..

Thanks

Q.What it means to be Canadian?
    A.According to every u.s. sitcom, you say "ay" at the beginning and end of every sentence and watch/play ice hockey while listening to a really high pitched female singer.

p.s. it sux that that politician of yours had to resign a while ago over what he said about Bush, shows what happens when you speak the truth ay?
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

I've heard that joke many a time, but I always like it- makes me feel nice to be Canadian.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/