Thread: Legend of Mana epsxe sound problem

Thanks

Default Legend of Mana epsxe sound problem

Hi y'all I am trying to get this game, Legend of Mana, to run correct sound.
    I'm using epsxe v1.5.2, eternal spu sound plugin 1.40

I've tried messing around with some of the sound options in config but sound does not want to play correctly or sometimes at all in all the mdecs- it is completely silent during the intro movie, but sound plays okay (i think) during gameplay. I tried using petes sound plugin but the quality just does not compare (it stutters quite a lot) to the Eternal plugin in game.

As far as I can see, it may have to do with the fact that I have no sound card and only use Direct Sound (software sound-no hardware soundcard) as no one else seems to be reporting that there is a problem with sound and most people have sound cards. (man I sure did use the word sound a lot in this post huh?) I really don't think it is a problem with the ISO as I have had similar problems in the past but have always been able to fix them by myself- anyone have any suggestions?
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you check all the check boxes in the box where you choose the sound plugins?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

When I checked the SPU IRQ hack the sound (in the intro and I think the other MDECs) is present but sputters and jerks horribly, the same thing happened with Crono Cross (if anyone cares or had the same problem) so I had to uncheck it and then the sound worked fine (in Chrono Cross).
    Thanks for the prompt reply and the graphic to make sure I knew what you were talking about. But tis not the solution I'm afraid. Darn it.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks
    EP Points

Your best bet would to look at www.ngemu.com. They have a lot of plugins that you could try.

Thanks

I know, I went there to check out the forums there, they have helped me countless times in the past, but the forums are down at the moment-drag-thanks for the help though again, just thought someone smarter than me was experiencing the same prob and know the solution-it's a pretty specific problem making it more difficult to fix.

I should really just be glad that the sound works in game rather than worry about the mdecs but I really want to experience the whole game as it was meant to be (apart from the whole playing it on an emulator rather than a playstation thing that is) Thanks againfor trying though. Apreciate it
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

I know what you mean with LoM, I have that weird sound problem too in the intro movie. The best sound setting I found for it is P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.7, just enable sound, CCDA and XA no need for the hack. That's the closes you'll get to it, if you're having the same problem as me with eternal it sounds as if it's really choppy...like a playback or a cd skipping like mad. With P.E.Op.S you almost get everything smooth...just a tiny jerk once or twice in the whole intro movie
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks

Yeah I spose I'll just have to make do with that solution. I'm using Pete's audio driver but it's 1.15 so i'll do a little searching and see if the updated plugin does any better but it sounds like you still get that stutter no matter what. That teaches me for being the finicky perfectionist that I am, I should be more laid back huh?
    Thanks for the help Soujiro-san.
    Was it my imagination or were you trying to help out someone else with LOMana? If so (and even if not) keep up the good work.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

I think I was trying to help...someone else earlier...I try to help whenever I can =p. Here's the URL for the drivers

http://www.ngemu.com/psx/plugins.php...win32&type=spu

it's a link to it u'll see a list of sound drivers...I tested a few but I found that one is the best for LoM
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks

Your sig is misleading Soujiro-san, you are just a cuddly wuddly teddy bear at heart (just kidding wanna make you laugh not angry ok? would have been funnier if I didn't have to add this but some people don't get my "humour" and mistake friendly teasing and sarcasm for a "b*tch slap in the face")

Thanks again for the link, kudos to you.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

just in case you return Soujiro-san, looking through the readme with the sound plugin it said something like it was important to have a fast enough computer so frame rates were high enough so XA sound would work- I thought to myself that if I mess with the frame rate and force the game to run a little faster the sound might be a little better- I changed fps (in the graphic plugin) to 63 and immediately there was a small improvement- have to test further to see if I can get the perfect fps so there is absolutely no stutter, I'm excited, lets see if it actually works in the long term.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

slaps u...that's it no more mr.care bear LOL....*makes u bend over* ^^

j/j

let me know if the fps works...did the sound plugin help a lot?

Thanks

Ouch, not the face! Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!

Actually with my force fps method I got the Eternal SPU to work but have to force it above 62fps otherwise the Mdec cuts out, but the more recent 1.7 petes sound plugin that you refered me to(after a couple of minutes testing at least) works great, much more reliable for this game than the Eternal plugin! (which is weird as quality and reliability wise Eternal has been the best so far for me)

Thanks AGAIN for your help it seems 61 fps is the best speed to run it (this after my extensive 5 minute testing session) but I was getting almost perfect results (still a little stutter here and there) with this set up. That introduction song just after you start a game is actually quite catchy, I'm glad that I can now actually hear it!! Who hoo.

plus while I was there (at the link you provided I updated a few more of my plugins which I've been too lazy to do for a while, so it was a great success all around, whoo hoo again.
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon

Thanks

*puts his hand out*...I want a free PSX ISO =p.....j/j

Glad it worked great...I might try to force mine @ 61fps too then and see. I'm not playing it right now but I will be later on. I'm on FF9 disc2 currently LOL

Btw what games do you have...I do have a little private ftp =p

Thanks

Hey Soujiro-san I Pmed ya okay? about the ftp I don't know how, any help much appreciated, but me sleepy now got to have snore....svgrdbzxdc
    blingo blango
    I want spamo
    with mayo
    by Anon