Thread: My Final Question, I Promise

SunJianWu Guest

Default My Final Question, I Promise

Hello yet again.

I'm very, very sorry for bugging you, but I promise this will be the last time if you're getting sick of my helplessness. I just have a question about Kawaks, again. Alright.. here goes.
    I've asked this before, but.. how to I get my Neo Geo roms to be recognized in Kawaks? I have the Neo geo Bios files, but the roms are never recognized when I scan for them. The roms work fine in NeoRage X, so I know they're not corrupted. I was once told that I could convert my roms using RomCenter, but I don't have a clue how to go about doing that. The reason I'm asking this again is because I just found out about the netplay option in Kawaks. I love playing against other people, but lately, most people want to play games like KoF of Metal Slug and the like. The only games for Kawaks I can get to work are CPS1 and CPD2 games. I'll play the occasional Marvel vs Capcom or SFA 3 with someone, but usually nobody wants to play anything but Neo Geo games. That's why I'd really like to be able to move my roms from NeoRage X to Kawaks. Any help would be greatly appriciated. As always.. thank you for taking the time to read this, help or not.

Thanks

First of all, I would recommend you to open up your Romcenter and click on Help => Content. Then READ what is given in there. Thats how I learned how to use Romcenter. If you properly learn how to use Romcenter, then you will be able to manage your roms properly and will be able to convert your NeoRAGEx roms to kawak roms.

If that is a little problem for you, tell me which Neo Geo games you wanna play in kawaks and I will be more than happy to find a kawaks version of that rom and provide the link to you.

Happy.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

SunJianWu Guest

Oh no, I couldn't possibly ask you to go through so much trouble for me. You've already done so much for me as it is. I have five Neo Geo roms, and I'd imagine that would take a lot of work. In response to your last post, however:
    I HAVE tried reading it, and in fact, have read it many times over before you even mentioned in. But I don't really understand anything of what it's saying. The only thing about computers and the like that I know how to do is how to turn them on and off o.O;; All the technical phrases and intruction are way, way over my head. I tried my best to understand what was being said, but honestly, I couldn't make head or tails of it.

Thanks

Originally posted by SunJianWu
    Oh no, I couldn't possibly ask you to go through so much trouble for me. You've already done so much for me as it is.
    What trouble. No problems man. I just have to look at some sites I have. No problem at all. Just tell me the games you want for winkawaks and I will try to look for those games at those sites and if I find them, I will post the links or PM them to you. Thats it.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

SunJianWu Guest

Well.. if you're sure. I still feel bad about always asking for help, though. But I love videogames, and I want to get these to work. Anyway, if you're really sure it's no trouble, the games are:
    'The Last Blade'
    'The Last Bade 2'
    'King of Fighters 98'
    'King of Fighters 2002' and
    'Sengoku 3'
    I've given up on 'svcplus' and 'samsho5', since I don't think I'll ever get them to work. It sounds like you have to do all kinds of special things before you can play them. Well, regardless, thank you very much for your help, and like I said, I promise this will be the last time I ask anything, even if I need help again sometime.

Thanks

you should still ask questions if you need help and also go to www.filemirrors.com and search for svc and dl svckawaksFIX it plays svc

SunJianWu Guest

Originally posted by pika
    you should still ask questions if you need help and also go to www.filemirrors.com and search for svc and dl svckawaksFIX it plays svc

Thank you, but the "svckawaksFIX" thing isn't there. When I try a search for it, it says there are no matches found. And while just searching for "svc" a lot of stuff comes up (all of which I have no idea what it is) but the "svckawaksFIX" still isn't there. I think I downloaded it once a week or so ago, but I still couldn't play the game, so I deleted it. I've also just tried downloading that 'svc+wkloader' file, but you need a password to extract it into a folder. And I, obviously, have no idea what the password is. I went to the site, but it's completely in French, a language I unfortunately don't speak nor understand.

Thanks

Originally posted by SunJianWu
    Well.. if you're sure. I still feel bad about always asking for help, though. But I love videogames, and I want to get these to work. Anyway, if you're really sure it's no trouble, the games are:
    'The Last Blade'
    'The Last Bade 2'
    'King of Fighters 98'
    'King of Fighters 2002' and
    'Sengoku 3'
    I've given up on 'svcplus' and 'samsho5', since I don't think I'll ever get them to work. It sounds like you have to do all kinds of special things before you can play them. Well, regardless, thank you very much for your help, and like I said, I promise this will be the last time I ask anything, even if I need help again sometime.
    Okay, Here goes nothing....

The Last Blade

kawaks filename: lastblad
    File size: 25.5 mb approx.
    link:

ftp://www.romman.net/roms/neogeo/nybzfrzj/lastblad.zip

The Last Blade 2

kawaks filename: lastbld2
    File size: 32 mb approx.
    link:

ftp://www.romman.net/roms/neogeo/nyb...0blade%202.zip

King of Fighters 98

kawaks filename: kof98
    File size: 39 mb approx.
    link:

ftp://www.romman.net/roms/neogeo/nybzfrzj/kof98.zip

http://www.emulatudo2003.hpg.ig.com....eoik/KOF98.rar

King of Fighters 2002

kawaks filename: kof2k2 (kof2k2nd)
    File size: 39 mb approx.
    link:

http://www.neo-arcadiax.com/neoarcadiax/kof2k2.zip

ftp://download.108game.com/kof2k2nd.zip

ftp://download.108game.com/kof2k2nd.zip

Note: Just rename kof2k2nd.zip to kof2k2.zip to make it run in winkawaks and also you will need a loader for kof2k2. I have attached it for you as an attachment. Just copy and paste the contents of that zip file (15 kb) into the winkawaks 1.45 folder and double click on happyasr.exe.

Sengoku 3

kawaks filename: sengoku3
    File size: 20 mb approx.
    link:

ftp://www.romman.net/roms/neogeo/zwcdorhv/sngoku3n.zip

Note that the rom links when clicked might show you a server busy message but set your download manager to retrying every 10 seconds and you should be able to download roms off of that server in no time. I just leave it there and my download manager (getright) just keeps retrying and I eventually get the rom anyways. If you still have any problems with any of those above roms, POST HERE.

Enjoy !!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 24th-January-2004 at 03:43.

SunJianWu Guest

I really appriciate the trouble you went through, but I'm sorry to say that none of the downloads work for me. The closest I got to one working was Last Blade, and it took a whole day and a half to get to 13%, then it stopped altogether and closed on it's own. All the others never even got to 4%, even after hours and hours of waiting. I guess my computer was just never menat to play such big videogames, or something. But I find it strange, since this computer is supposed to be very fast and have a lot of space. Anyway, thank you for all the trouble, and I'm sorry..

Thanks

Don't worry, you should still ask questions.

SunJianWu Guest

I've tried the links again... and unfortunately, it's the same problem. They take forever to download, and less than halfway through, they quit on their own.