Thread: opinion of star ocean

Thanks
    EP Points

Default opinion of star ocean

Well personally I like the menu system, graphics and storey line. The skills system is a bit confusing but I think that ownz too.

Only thing I dont like that I can think about is the battle system, its annoying. If only they had kept the system from Tales of Phantasia it would be the perfect game.

unless someone can convince me the battle system is actualy really good and tells me a way to use it well :p

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought the battle system in ToP was horrible personally... The PSX version's was much better though

But yeah, I played a lot of Star Ocean back when it was only partially translated, but it was a lot of fun I've just started again with the fully translated version.

Thanks

to be perfectly honest, i am not really too fond of it.. i built it up far too much before playing it and now i'm disappointed.. i really can't play a game taht disappoints me.. even if it WAS my fault, i can't do it.. the battle system is annoying, and the skills thing is confusing and forgettable.. the story didn't even grab me and kick me in the nuts, like my friend said it would.. i was just overall bored by the game.. oh and teh super nintendo graphics thing is kinda annoying now.. i am waiting for star ocean 3 to come out but star ocean 2 wasn't up to my ideals..

Thanks
    EP Points

If you use a controller to play it, the TOP batle system ownz, its just too much fun. Its a shame star ocean didnt use it in my opinion. Thats all

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks

I don't care what ya'll say i only know 1 thing it's one of the best but still my fav rpg iz secret of mana

Ace Guest

Originally posted by Elin
    I thought the battle system in ToP was horrible personally... The PSX version's was much better though

But yeah, I played a lot of Star Ocean back when it was only partially translated, but it was a lot of fun I've just started again with the fully translated version.
    /me sets fire to Elin

Tales of phantasia 0wnz .

Anyway, SO is a great lame, would be the 2nd best game ever as far as I'm concerned, closely behind Tales of Phantasia.

Thanks

...i still hasnt played star ocean,i want to but is too lazy to go rom searching.

lol

Sanitarium Guest

I got the rom yesterday, going to start the game tonight..

Thanks
    EP Points

lol Ace you called it a great lame, hopefuly you meant great game?

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Ace
    /me sets fire to Elin

Tales of phantasia 0wnz .

Anyway, SO is a great lame, would be the 2nd best game ever as far as I'm concerned, closely behind Tales of Phantasia.
    /me burns

Hey, I didn't say I didn't love Tales of Phantasia I just didn't like the battle system I liked the system for the PSX remake though, it was somewhat more balanced