Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice... how do you forget somebody you loved?

Thanks

Originally posted by Soujiro-san
    Also, bring something small along with you might help to ease the situation. Don't bring flowers....unless it's meaningful or has some other meanings to it. What I actually did was brought a small piece of wood that was from our history project and in my spare time carved it a bit in woodshop and turned it into something where u can wear around ur neck...it was an ugly looking piece of wood but it meant something special just b/w the 2 of us. Without words when she saw it, it made her cry. There were more meanings in that piece of wood than words can describe in that same amount of time that I gave it to her. Maybe something she told you like she likes a certain type of candy...just the thought and she knowing u remember such small detail would truly amaze her. Don't think too hard about it..if u can't think of anything to get her than don't...perhaps just u being there would be more than enough
    That is a pretty good Idea.

As for getting a good laugh, checkout Soujiro-san's sig. Thats the funniest sig I have ever seen. Pretty true too. It makes me laugh whenever I think about it.
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 19th-January-2004 at 07:36.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Learning the truth from someone is always a good start in helping yourself to move on

ESPECIALLY if the truth is something you DON'T want to hear.

Well, that's my special experience. lol.

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Originally posted by ravihpa
    That is a pretty good Idea.

As for getting a good laugh, checkout Soujiro-san's sig. Thats the funniest sig I have ever seen. Pretty true too. It makes me laugh whenever I think about it.
    That Sig. comes from past experience and a little research, I just wrapped what my thoughts were at a time where I was in some difficult situations. It's something I go by basically now and it's also a good laugh

Originally posted by NimaGraven
    Learning the truth from someone is always a good start in helping yourself to move on

ESPECIALLY if the truth is something you DON'T want to hear.

Well, that's my special experience. lol.

That's a nice way to put it...it does help in some ways from ppl's past experience at least that gives you some idea wat you might expect, but don't think everything goes that way. Always, prepare for the unexpected...
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know that when she dumped you, you were devestated. Suddenly there's a void where there was once something great. That said, it's not as if that void can't be filled! You have to go out there and try again. Nothing is for certain, not even love. You can't constantly worry about being hurt again. Chances are you very well may be! But the chances are equally good that you'll find someone who makes you weak in the knees happy. You'll never know what may happen in life, but if you don't get out there and take chances, nothing ever will.
    The worst thing you could do now is obsess over this lost love. If it's not meant to be, it's simply time to move on. You cannot make yourself inaccessible just because you were hurt. Get back out there and take those chances, lest you end up alone because you were too afraid to.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 19th-January-2004 at 18:18.

Thanks

And don't say life sucks, cause it doesn't. It has gotten you this far, and it has not end, and there are many choices you can make, move on, or stay, and those choices are in no matter right or wrong, it may to us, but your heart tells the answer. Don't worry to much if she doesn't like what you are going to tell her, just tell her from heart, because you're telling the truth.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Galcian
    Soujiro-San... that made sense. It is very intersting what I read... you may be right.

I staretd thinking a bit about all of this and it would help to go to her house and talk to her. It's 3+ hours far from here but, it will be worth it.

I think that that is what I must do.
    *Shakes Head*
    No, it isn't. Not in your state of mind. You have it in your head that she's betrayed you, knowing full well her emotional state. You feel so hurt, that you've failed to consider things from her standpoint.
    Stop and think for a minute, man. You've said that she's overly emotional and suicidal. Did you perhaps consider that your relationship may be too much for her? That she was so afraid of hurting you, that she turned you away in hopes that you'd move on? I can't say with even a small iota of certainty that this is the case. I simply don't know, obviously. But I do know that if you confront her with this negativity that's taken over your heart because of this break-up, things wont go well for either of you.
    Think things over rationally before making a move. Think about why this may have happened, before you confront her. Think about wether or not confronting her is even a good idea. Think about maybe moving on, and letting her be. It could be that it's the best thing for her, and if you ever loved her even a bit, you'll consider all of that before thinking about how much hurt you feel.

Thanks

Well Cyberxion has a few good points, but for one person to love another they have to first love themself. I still say meeting her would be best but in more of a public place like a coffee shop/bubble tea or something along those lines. Just chat with her a bit

Cyber. is right though you can't go into this with negative emotions. I went to meet my ex cause I was worried and concerned about her well being. Whatever happens best of luck
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Soujiro-san
    but for one person to love another they have to first love themself.
    That's my point exactly. Given that she's suicidal, and an emotional wreck, she may not hold in her heart the capacity to truly love. Or maybe she does love him, but can't handle it. I don't think it's a matter of her having betrayed him, and I think he should drop that notion before confronting her. She may be as torn up over this as he is, and he should consider that....

Thanks

Cyberxion... I didn't stop to think... I have been desperate looking for some kind of solution, and haven't even stopped to think. All I could think about was in my pain... and why did she put me aside. Why...

But after reading all posts, and studying the situation... I have come to the conclusion that, I will have to forget her permanently.

She doesn't love herself, and visits an psychologist... needs serotonine pills in order to be happy, and didn't have luck with friendships. I think that I begin to understand a bit. Maybe she confused her feelings towards me? or was i just an entertainment after all...?

That's my point exactly. Given that she's suicidal, and an emotional wreck, she may not hold in her heart the capacity to truly love. Or maybe she does love him, but can't handle it.

I am afraid that you, my good friend Cyberxion... are right. She has never had the experience of true love. hell, she was going to be a nun... she wanted to hide away from the world, and from herself.

She hates mirrors, because she feels ugly (and actually she is not, just very thin... but the girl has an uncanny resemblance to Liv Tyler) because boys used to mock her when she was a little girl.

I will need a lot of time to heal from this, but it will eventually fade away. With a large part of my heart. She did conquer it like nobopdy did, but I am not closing the doors to love. It is just that... not now. I am still bleeding. I am still crying... and I still, over all things love her, not for what she looks, but for what she is.
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Take all the time you need man. You'll heal in time. In the meantime, you've got our support, and don't forget that.

Thanks

Galcian, I bet you she will never forget you. Maybe that's why she wants to leave it that way. She's probably afraid that the one thing that made her happy most will crumble. After reading a bit more maybe a face to face confrontation for your situation won't be best. But you have to find a way to let her know that no matter what you'll be there for her to lean on if she needs a lean on anyone. Be there as a friend, maybe she needs a lot of time to heal You're a good man my friend

Thanks

Originally posted by Galcian
    Cyberxion... I didn't stop to think... I have been desperate looking for some kind of solution, and haven't even stopped to think. All I could think about was in my pain... and why did she put me aside. Why...

But after reading all posts, and studying the situation... I have come to the conclusion that, I will have to forget her permanently.

She doesn't love herself, and visits an psychologist... needs serotonine pills in order to be happy, and didn't have luck with friendships. I think that I begin to understand a bit. Maybe she confused her feelings towards me? or was i just an entertainment after all...?

That's my point exactly. Given that she's suicidal, and an emotional wreck, she may not hold in her heart the capacity to truly love. Or maybe she does love him, but can't handle it.

I am afraid that you, my good friend Cyberxion... are right. She has never had the experience of true love. hell, she was going to be a nun... she wanted to hide away from the world, and from herself.

She hates mirrors, because she feels ugly (and actually she is not, just very thin... but the girl has an uncanny resemblance to Liv Tyler) because boys used to mock her when she was a little girl.

I will need a lot of time to heal from this, but it will eventually fade away. With a large part of my heart. She did conquer it like nobopdy did, but I am not closing the doors to love. It is just that... not now. I am still bleeding. I am still crying... and I still, over all things love her, not for what she looks, but for what she is.
    Maybe this is a little bit off-topic.. But Galcian, I remember you and the way you're writing.. It screams pain and that just freaks me out..

If that makes sense.

Your writing style has changed.. *sigh* It freaks me out in the BAD way though.. Like I'm worried you may do something silly.. I really hope you don't.. And well.. I'm sure the other members and I will really help you.. If you need/want it.

EDIT: On that note.. I think I'm gonna go to bed.. this thread has made my head ache and now I'm feeling all depressed lol. Silly old me. Gaaaaaaaaaah .. I'm so sorry Galcian
    Last edited by Nima D'Graven; 20th-January-2004 at 00:57.

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

mr. paisa Guest

I just curious about something, did you ever saw her face to face, because from what I understood about your story you never did, and I think that it would be a good starting point, maybe if you cotact her personally you might clear some of your doubts

DeathChicken Guest

If you still honestly love her, I'd say at least try to find out what happened....but don't stress it. Either things work or they don't

As was said, there may very well be a good reason for what she did. But you'll never know if you just abandon ship

Thanks

Well man, I'm sorry things have turned that way for you. Anyone who has cared deeply about someone has probably felt the same pain as you. I know I have. Cyberexion has many good points, I cannot say for sure whether or not you should talk to her or not. If talking to her is what you need to move on then I think you should. Either way don't think about it too much and try not to let it get you down. You still have your whole life ahead of you and all us here are supporting you.