Thread: Slidecard for PS2

insaneman Guest

Default Slidecard for PS2

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I really want to play my PSX ISO's on my PS2. And I found this

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this? It sounds legit and I've seen it around on many different MODChip sites. But will it play my downloaded and burned games?

Thanks

i don't know anything about it, but it looks like it will only play ps2 games just looking at the specs.
    <a href="http://www.geocities.com/bctbasser/yumero.html">My Trading List</a>
    -- System Specs --
    Windows XP Home
    Intel Pentium 4/3.0Ghz
    128Mbs ATI Radeon Mobility 9700
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig DDR RAM

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get it. It's what I use, and it's great. It'll only allow you to boot up your legit (imports) and backup PS2 games, and if you have a boot disk for the PSOne, the slide-card can be used to boot PSOne backups on your PS2 as well.

insaneman Guest

Thanks. I think I'll get it, and a PSone boot disk with it (if I can find it).

Thanks
    EP Points

interesting, whats more is it looks so simple it may be possible to create a home made version. Pray do tell of some cheap psx bootdisks!

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

i dont know bout this, it looks like when the disc starts up and u slide the card through, and then u open the bay wont that hurt it by breaking the wheels that make it open by pulling the bay out without pushing the eject button???

insaneman Guest

Okay so it wont play PSone backups/imports. But will it play non-legit imports?

I got like 10 PS2 games (not legit) from china (my friend brought them for me). And I would also like to be able to play those.

I'm looking for a PSone bootdisk right now.

Thanks

Dude, get the DMS 3. It is the best modchip. It alows simple users to create porgrams for the playstation 2. It also plays any copied game, ps1 or ps2, no prob. I buy cheap cd's and burn my psx backups on a cd, and it works marvoulusly!
    XBConnect Gamertag: arazfar
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ZafierX
    <object height="180" width="470"><embed src="http://haloib.com/stats/stats.swf?playerName=ZafierX&bg=5" quality="high" height="120" width="400"></object>

insaneman Guest

What about the whole soldering part? Thats really confusing... and it can damage my PS2

Thanks
    EP Points

You can get a professional solder job for about $50 bucks now. You would have to miss your PS2 for a few days though.

insaneman Guest

I live in Switzerland, I don't know of any professional solderers anywhere around here. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look.

Thanks

then get a premodded ps2.
    i agree with arazfar , but you have to remember , cheap quality cdr/dvdr can slowly but surely damage your laser and its ability to read games.

i also agree with arazfar ; the DMS 3 is the most advanced modchip , but not the most stable yet. also , it is one of the hardest to install into your ps2 = the highest risk = damaged ps2 if you do it yourself.