Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If your FF9 videos hang!

Thanks

Default If your FF9 videos hang!

I've encountered several people having this prolem. Videos that hang.
    Now, some of you may think that its all ruined, but relax. Simply open the lid and close it again and the game will continue from the videos end. If this trick doesent work, instead of waiting til the video hangs, open the lid as soon as the video starts, that should do it. I know cuz i've had problems with several videos. Hope this help y'all.

IfritRoms.com - Click the banner above!

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

Thanks

Uhm, this was a weird topic, as well as a weird place to post it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Mr Hwoarang
    Uhm, this was a weird topic, as well as a weird place to post it.
    Just wanted people to know cuz some may even redownload whole discs just cuz 1 video hangs

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

Thanks

Ah, but still, this is a problem in many games, so FFIX is not the only game, just in case you didn't know

Thanks

Originally posted by Mr Hwoarang
    Ah, but still, this is a problem in many games, so FFIX is not the only game, just in case you didn't know
    well, judging by what people sometimes say not all know of this trick

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm not too sure this would work, given that when you open the drive door of the PSOne, it stops reading the disk, and thus would cause the video to stop completely. Now, I only assume you are talking about using this method on the PSOne, as you've not made it clear as to wether or not you are talking about this method as it pertains to the PSOne or on your PC with an emulator. If you are talking about the PC, then there's a chance it might work. If I ever run into this issue, I'll try it and see if it solves the problem.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    I'm not too sure this would work, given that when you open the drive door of the PSOne, it stops reading the disk, and thus would cause the video to stop completely. Now, I only assume you are talking about using this method on the PSOne, as you've not made it clear as to wether or not you are talking about this method as it pertains to the PSOne or on your PC with an emulator. If you are talking about the PC, then there's a chance it might work. If I ever run into this issue, I'll try it and see if it solves the problem.
    Haha no im talking about a PSone!
    Try it it works, when the lid is open, the video stops, when you close the lid again the screen goes black and the game continues to load. Works on FF9 ive tried several times

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmmn. Really now? Are you sure it'll work? I don't see why it would. Well, I don't have a PSOne anymore, so I can't try it, and so I'll take you word for it.

If anyone else can try this, please confirm wether or not this works for you. I'm curious. It just doesn't seem like it should, given the way the PSOne works.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    Hmmn. Really now? Are you sure it'll work? I don't see why it would. Well, I don't have a PSOne anymore, so I can't try it, and so I'll take you word for it.

If anyone else can try this, please confirm wether or not this works for you. I'm curious. It just doesn't seem like it should, given the way the PSOne works.
    Well, i dont know anything about the content of the PSone, but it works for me (PAL-European version of FF9 if that matters anyway)

Thanks

It works on most games, I actually got this tip from the store I bought Tekken 3 on, since all the movies started lagging.

Thanks

wait wasn't there like a trick with FFVII if you did some attack and opened the lid at the right time it would continue to attack for that damage until the person is dead. (normally ruby weapon)

or was it that you cast regen on your self and open the lid untill your life is full then close it...

hmm just thing I heard that this reminded me of...
    hehe
    "Learn a new language gain a new soul"
    -Wizdom from a fortune cookie.-
    "The only thing tragic about coming from a hard life, is not learning anything from it."
    -Taylor-

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by nihonjintaylor
    wait wasn't there like a trick with FFVII if you did some attack and opened the lid at the right time it would continue to attack for that damage until the person is dead. (normally ruby weapon)

or was it that you cast regen on your self and open the lid untill your life is full then close it...

hmm just thing I heard that this reminded me of...
    hehe
    I don't know about the damage one, but I remember the one with Regen

Thanks

Im pretty sure if you open the lid and close it, it will stop the game from hanging at that particular point in the movie but will also then in turn skip the fmv as a whole. I think I had some issues with FFVII in that respect (scratched discs) and so the game would hang at regular cinematic intervals. So, opening the lid does work but is not without its perils. Always make sure you are supervised by an adult, and all that.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

yeah it works after the end of the fmv.. my FFIX hangs in the intro movie and it took a while for me to figure this trick out.. so cyber, it really does work, and to Duke Togo (golgo 13), it will completely bypass the fmv.. but if it's worth it the i don't see why not.. just don't let it be your first time through a game..

Thanks

Yes it does work. I have tried that trick on several games when I had a PSone. If your CD is okay, nice and clean, and even then your PSone is hanging on the FMVs, try cleaning your laser with a cotton swab and lighter fluid. If the problem persists, you need an NEW laser.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |