Thread: mouse look with an N64 Emulator?

insaneman Guest

Default mouse look with an N64 Emulator?

For games such as Goldeneye and Perfect dark would it be possible to set the look left to move mouse left?

If so, with what emulator and how?

Thanks

You mean like a PC-FPS or something? If that's so, I'm not sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html

That is the closest I know about. With more tweaking you could probably get it running pretty good - but it'll never have the same feel as a PC FPS.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use a Sidewinder joystick for those kinds of games. It works very well for any N64 gaming.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use an N64 pad with Adaptoid Works brilliantly because you never have to configure it, just plug it in and it is already set up.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am going to buy an adaptiod as soon as i get some money.

insaneman Guest

I could probably try tweaking it with that plugin.

I'll try as soon as my goldeneye rom download finishes

angryred Guest

I did it with NRage's plugin; you can map any of the control functions to the mouse axes. I mapped the analog stick directions to the mouse axes. You just click the button next to the desired analog stick direction, then move the mouse in that direction. It should recognize the axis movement. You can also set whatever you want to the mouse buttons, for fire, etc.

I was trying to set up Goldeneye like I have all my PC FPS's set up; analog stick in left hand for movement, mouse in right for aiming/shooting. The problem I ran into was that while in aiming mode (where you bring up crosshairs), I couldn't stop the mouse-simulated "analog stick" from recentering. For example, while in sniper mode, if I want to place the crosshairs on someone, I have to keep moving the mouse in that direction to keep it in one place-- any cessation of mouse movement allows the crosshairs to return to their original position. Anyone have any tips on how to defeat this, and make the cursor respond to the true mouse movement?

An analog stick, as expected, does not have this problem; where you hold the stick is where the cursor stays. So for now, that's what I'm using... But I do have a special NRage profile just for Goldeneye, so I can get Left Analog set to move, Right Analog to Look, etc....

Thanks

adaptoid is the greatest thing any emulation junkie could ever have, I got one and I got a rare gold N64 controller too