Thread: PPF files and Patches for PSX ISO s ?

Thanks

Default PPF files and Patches for PSX ISO s ?

I know about PPF files to transform NTSC to PAL and vice versa.. but are there translation patches for PSX ISO s? Like there are on SNES? I ask because I got a ISO ..".Tales of Destiny" but on Japanese... I want to know if is there a Translation patch ..( for PSX ) I really didnt moved into PPF files so much so I dont know if they are used to translate games too with this files.
    [ AzarieL ]

Thanks
    EP Points

I think that the patches for translating games are ips patches. I dont' know if they have them for PSX since most of the same games came out in all countries.

Thanks

What? Who are you talking to? Me? Oh. Ok. Well, I'm stupid, so it's pretty hard to figure it out. I think I broke my brain typing this.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 27th-December-2003 at 23:17.

Thanks

Default So?

Not all the titles were released to america And sure I know about IPS...on snes..but Iw ish to know if there is a similar to PSX..or if is not..is better to go for the TOD englkish version...( uffff..)
    [ AzarieL ]

Thanks

I don't think there really is many translation patches for psx games, since they are obviously much harder than snes games etc. to translate properly and make a patch for it.

I could ofcourse be totally wrong and make an ass of myself, but I think what I wrote above is correct

Thanks

True... I think patching a PSX game would require hacking into the image file (ISO) before changing the required files, though I could be wrong... Also, ISO hacking is much more complicated than your typical ROM hacking, hence why there aren't many translation projects going on...