Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSX Swap Trick Guide right here.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Nitramuse
    Then what do you think of a regular HDD? Yes, you are reading it correctly...you can just use a normal IDE HDD, the one that is in your computer....don't know if you can run a "back-uped" game fro the HDD....
    Your right you can pop a norm IDE HD in your PS2 and format it with Linux for the PS2 but as far as using it for PS2 backup play no there are no methods as of yet, and PS2 Linux has been out for a while now, so I'm shocked there isn't a method as of yet

The Linux kit has been available in English I know that much but think it was only available over in america and japan.

I have a friend that imported it, he got a HD that he swoped for a bigger PC IDE HD he also got a Mouse a keyboard a Monitor lead and ofcause the Linux OS for PS2. He also connected through to the internet with it but not sure how he was doing it though but this was before there was any Inter-network games were available.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-January-2004 at 18:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Zorlon
    Your right you can pop a norm IDE HD in your PS2 and format it with Linux for the PS2 but as far as using it for PS2 backup play no there are no methods as of yet, and PS2 Linux has been out for a while now, so I'm shocked there isn't a method as of yet

The Linux kit has been available in English I know that much but think it was only available over in america and japan.

I have a friend that imported it, he got a HD that he swoped for a bigger PC IDE HD he also got a Mouse a keyboard a Monitor lead and ofcause the Linux OS for PS2. He also connected through to the internet with it but not sure how he was doing it though but this was before there was any Inter-network games were available.
    thats a nice idea is there a guide to how to formate linux onto a ps2 without the ps2 linux kit?

Need New Sig

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope prolly will never be either as Linux for PC detects the PC hardware but the PS2 hardware can not be detected by it.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Nope prolly will never be either as Linux for PC detects the PC hardware but the PS2 hardware can not be detected by it.
    so I guess I have to find the cd then?

Need New Sig

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

DVD's but yeah

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

DVD's but yeah
    darn it cost to much

is there anyone willing to see me there ps2 linux disk for a low price (lol)

Need New Sig

RuKuS Guest

I can't get this trick to work for my life. I get as far as the black screen. After that, do you have to replace the burned cd right as the screen turns black or wait a bit? Hm...maybe I burned the game wrong. I created an image file of Saga Frontier (from the original cd) usuing CloneCD. I then just burned it using CloneCD also. It runs fine on my pc when I use it with epsxe (the burned copy I mean). Any suggestions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Just keep practicing. On the last swap you have to change the instant it turns black. Sorry for the late reply.

az_bont Guest

There is a Linux distro for the PC called BlackRhino, an alternative to the official one, but it still requires the PS2 Linux Kit. However, there are people working on a way of installing it without the kit, and there are also talks of creating a "Live CD" that wouldn't even require a hard drive, � la Knoppix.

But at present, not I'm afraid.

And there are easier methods for booting backups and imports on the original Playstation, but only for older models. If you have one of these older models, as I do, then you'll appreciate this little guide over at GameFAQs (copy and paste): http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/f...swap_trick.txt

Thanks

I have a model 1 ps2 with the first mod, the one that can do psx copies , and ps2 cd rips. My playstation is a newer model than the old ones with the plug-in gameshark in the back... anyways

Best CD's To Use With a PSX newer version - Black Bottom Memorex, and Black Bottom Smart Buy , the Non-black bottoms work slighty worse but no real difference

For the 1st model ps2 and 1st model mod - Black bottom work horrible , anything normal works beautiful , verbatim , memorex and cicero work perfectly with ps2/psx playing on the system

<!--- --!>

1+1 = 2. Just to help you count next time you're thinking about adding another sig image. (Read the rules.)

Thanks

Umm... I kinda confused. On the guide it says to start with an original disc. Then on the next step, it says to replace the burnt disc with an original one. I'm wondering... Didn't we just put in an original disc? Please explain

Thanks

guys i am having a very hard time i am tihs - close to quiting..when i put in the black bottomes disk the white sony thing comes when it stopes spining i switch it for the burnt disk n the ps1 blue menu pops up i need some help also when i put the tape it doesnt spin so i press the tape n then it keeps spining n never stops
    GAME-BOY

THE LADIES BUISSNESS MAN

Thanks
    EP Points

switch the burnt disk in for the original disk
    This means replace the original disk with a burnt one. I should have used better wording.

Thanks
    EP Points

switch the burnt disk in for the original disk
    This means replace the original disk with a burnt one. I should have used better wording.

Thanks

Has anyone used the swap trick with the new PStwo?