Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSX Swap Trick Guide right here.

Thanks

Originally posted by sniperrfl1011
    LOL, true, but just out of curiousity, how would you go about sticking a knife in your ps2, and how would it help?
    if i remember correctly, its to help pry the disc tray out of it....

Thanks
    EP Points

That sounds right.

Bleakvoid Guest

ive nver heard of such a method...please go into greater detail, knowitman, cause ive got a bunch of disks my friend with a modchip gave me for X-mas, forgetting that my ps2 has that disk read error problem...bastard ps2...

Thanks

I got a ps2 modchip for X-Mas, I always tell people, XBOX is way easier to mod. It is like a friggin PC. All you have to do is overun the bios and you are all set. On ps2, you actually have to mod it! It took me my whole chritmas break to mod my ps2 and I finally got finished yesterday. And I am a perfesional soldering masta! Any way, does any one know if there is a porgram that lets you burn games to a HDD installed in your PS2? I do it for xbox cause its like a pc, but is ps2 the same? I know it can be done but does any one know a link to where I can find out more about burning to a HDD?
    XBConnect Gamertag: arazfar
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ZafierX
    <object height="180" width="470"><embed src="http://haloib.com/stats/stats.swf?playerName=ZafierX&bg=5" quality="high" height="120" width="400"></object>

Thanks
    EP Points

ive nver heard of such a method...please go into greater detail, knowitman, cause ive got a bunch of disks my friend with a modchip gave me for X-mas, forgetting that my ps2 has that disk read error problem...bastard ps2...
    The swap trick guide is for the PS1 only. I don't know the swap trick for the PS2. I have heard about it and have read abbreviated ways of doing it. I don't want to try it because it sounds like it could harm my PS2.

VDZ Guest

If you do it correctly and take care of your PlayStation it should do much harm.
    LMFAO!
    And the PS2 has no HDD.

cheesy_x Guest

import player lite is a very nice boot cd (get the heavy version if you want to play pal games.... i found it cut of the screen with imp lite) you can get it from megagames.com

*tip, some cds make better backups than others do (different brands.... some brands make DAMN AWFUL NOISES)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by VDZ
    LMFAO!
    And the PS2 has no HDD.
    Right. So I guess the one that came out along with FFXI in Japan, and in that is coming out in the US in March is some sort of phantom HDD then? The PS2 certainly DOES have an HDD. As for the method to write games directly to it, I'm not sure it's been found as of yet. If it has, it's certainly not as widely talked about as the XBox method, perhaps due to the fact that the HDD is only available in Japan as of yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think that when the HDD is released in the US someone will figure out how to put games on it then everyone will be happy. Until then, you will have to wait.

Thanks

Actually, they won't. IF you have a modchip, you can put a harddrive in your playstation 2 and have it see it once you format it to what the ps2 can see. There is no method of writing games yet, and you would have to change the way the playstation accesses discs if you wanted to write a porgram.
    XBConnect Gamertag: arazfar
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ZafierX
    <object height="180" width="470"><embed src="http://haloib.com/stats/stats.swf?playerName=ZafierX&bg=5" quality="high" height="120" width="400"></object>

Thanks
    EP Points

I am wanting to upgrade my Swap Trick Guide with good brands of CDs to use and CDs to not use.
    I have tried Verbatim and Memorex CDs and didn't get very good results with them. The Memorex were worse then the Verbatim.
    If anyone knows some very good and or very bad brands of CDs for the Swap Trick please post them here.

Sanitarium Guest

Hmm.. While back i had Ps1 with mod which had to plug to the back of Ps1. And i payed 30$ for it.. Wish i'd know back then that swap trick..

Thanks
    EP Points

another point than the brand of cd's is to have a GOOD cd-burner and use slow burning speeds (preferably the slowest your drive does) and it makes more readable backups.

Oh and im interested in knowing this knife swap-trick. Im gonna google search and if I find anything I'll add it here.

EDIT: FOUND IT!!! wahoo!! now all I need is a bootdisk :p http://ps2.consolevision.com/knife.shtml it isnt an ordinary knife in case you were worried, its a special plastic card thing you make.
    Last edited by Norgus; 16th-January-2004 at 15:15.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

I don't think the Knife Swap for the PS2 is dangerous. Iv'e been doing it for a coupke of days now and its working fine. Only im not using a real knife. Im using that special i made from the site on the top of this page. Its simple to do. If you only want to play PSX games on PS2 put a PSX Disc in that you dont care if it gets scratched (mostly a demo) and wait for the screen to go black. Use the tool you made and slide the white pin over to the right to slightly pop out the drive. Pull it out and replace it with the copy. Push the drive close and put your little card you mad back in and hook onto the white pin. It should be all the way on the right of the drive. Once you hooked it, pull it left unil you hear the PS2 click again or the drive stops making the funny noise and you can hear the disk spin. Take out your card and the PSX logo should come up anhd the Backup should boot perfectly. Its working great for me. As for the PS2 backups, i cannot get them to work at all. I dont have a Gameshark or Action Replay. All I have is Codrbeaker for it. And everytime i try the swap method withit the screen goes black and i get "cannot load the game" screen. SO if anyone finds a way to do this using Codbreaker or not using GS or AR, please post it hear. I think we will all greatly appreciate it. Hope this helps!

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    Right. So I guess the one that came out along with FFXI in Japan, and in that is coming out in the US in March is some sort of phantom HDD then? The PS2 certainly DOES have an HDD. As for the method to write games directly to it, I'm not sure it's been found as of yet. If it has, it's certainly not as widely talked about as the XBox method, perhaps due to the fact that the HDD is only available in Japan as of yet.
    Then what do you think of a regular HDD? Yes, you are reading it correctly...you can just use a normal IDE HDD, the one that is in your computer....don't know if you can run a "back-uped" game fro the HDD....
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*