Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PSX Swap Trick Guide right here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Smile PSX Swap Trick Guide right here.

I know that many people have asked about the swap trick for the PS1. I even wondered myself. I have done a lot of research and testing and made this guide through my personal experience with using the swap trick. This is the method that works best for me.
    If you read it please respond telling me what you think so I can try to make it better. If you are an expert at the swap trick please read it so you can also help me make it better.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm glad you compiled this method, but you failed to note that this only works on older model PSX systems, and that the swap-trick is different for the smaller model PSOne. I'll go ahead and post that later. P

At any rate, it's nice to have a place to check if one needs to know the swap-trick, so I'll go ahead and post the contents of the attatchment, as well as sticky this thread.

PSX Swap Trick Guide

version 1.0
    11/10/2003
    knowitman

This is a how to guide on the famous swap trick on the Sony PlayStation. You can use this trick to play burnt "back-ups" of your original games without buying anything (modchip, bootdisk, etc.)
    This trick works on every model PlayStation that I know of, but it takes a lot of practice to master. Don't expect to get it the first several times you do it. Just keep trying at it.
    You may be asking if this will harm your PlayStation. The answer is yes and no. If you do it in a sloppy manner then yes. If you do it correctly and take care of your PlayStation it should do much harm.
    I have heard of people that have used this trick for several years, and their PlayStations still run perfectly.

Step 1.

Put some tape or something on the lid sensor button in the PlayStation so you can boot a game with the lid open.

Step 2.

Put in an original (black bottomed) PlayStation disk, and turn the system on.

Step 3.

The disk will speed up for a few seconds. Then it will slow down. When it slows down switch the burnt disk in for the original disk. You must do this quickly and safely. This switch will not mess your geears up since the spinner is on a magnet.

Step 4.

The burnt disk will start to speed up for a few seconds. It will then slow down for about a second and speed back up for a few more seconds. It will slow down a second time. This is when you switch the original disk for the burnt one.

Step 5.

The original disk will start to spin and the screen will go black. When the screen goes black you switch the burnt disk for the original disk one last time.

If done succesfully and properly the burnt disk will start to play. Enjoy
    If it doesn't work, try it again. You will get it eventually.

Thanks
    EP Points

I said I found it in my original post thru research. I found many methods, but this is the one that works best for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, that's great. As I said, it's useful, so that's why I stickied it.

TheStuntman Guest

Here's another "swapping question" During an rpg it says to switch disks to the next one however it does not read my "back-up disk" this is how i play my backups. I have a game shark and a smaller ps1 version. i have a paper clip that lets me play games with the lid up. I let the game shark run until the code screen when it says to switch to game disk i just take out the gameshark (cuz it's completely stopped) and put in the back up...i don't have this problem with games where you're allowed to save before the disk change like final fantasy, because i can load from the new disk. however in my current rpg Lunar: silver story complete it requires me to change disks but there's no save prompt. it just says to switch disks however it cannot read the other disc because it says it's not a psx game disk. can anyone help?

Rutto Guest

About the PSOne (I have one), its about the same. Put in original, wait till slowdown and switch, wait till slowdown (ONLY 1!!), put in original again, wait till black and copy in again. Use a tie to keep the button that checks if the cover is closed pressed

TheStuntMan: I think you cant switch with the swaptrick then, but im not too sure

xxxhadou_kenxxx Guest

U know not all the psx(back up disc) work when u swap. some, u need a boost disc or gameshark to put in a code inorder to play. when it dont work, it will appear a black screen and a red circle cross thinging. And for some game it wont able to play after u burn it. that the thing i learn from play with back up disc.

Thanks
    EP Points

I just posted this guide because that method has worked for the few games I have tried. It is also the method many people recommend.

Thanks

Originally posted by TheStuntman
    Here's another "swapping question" During an rpg it says to switch disks to the next one however it does not read my "back-up disk" this is how i play my backups. I have a game shark and a smaller ps1 version. i have a paper clip that lets me play games with the lid up. I let the game shark run until the code screen when it says to switch to game disk i just take out the gameshark (cuz it's completely stopped) and put in the back up...i don't have this problem with games where you're allowed to save before the disk change like final fantasy, because i can load from the new disk. however in my current rpg Lunar: silver story complete it requires me to change disks but there's no save prompt. it just says to switch disks however it cannot read the other disc because it says it's not a psx game disk. can anyone help?
    my suggestion would try uncovering the lid sensor and recovering it, doing the same procedure

of course thats just my guess but it seems the way itd work logically anywhoo

Exodia11 Guest

Does this work on PS2 also

Thanks
    EP Points

No. This is for the PlayStation and the PS1 only.

Thanks

It would be cool if it did work for PS2

Thanks
    EP Points

There are other ways to do it on PS2, but they require you taking the lid off or even worse sticking a knife in your PS2.

Thanks

Originally posted by knowitman
    sticking a knife in your PS2.
    I'm not going to do that on my PS2

Currently Believed to be in the Grand Bahamas
    Thanks

Originally posted by Lateralus
    I'm not going to do that on my PS2
    LOL, true, but just out of curiousity, how would you go about sticking a knife in your ps2, and how would it help?

<font style="filter:glow(color=#ff0000, strength=3);height=1px">
    If the enemy is in sight, so are you.</font>