Thread: Computer can't find hard drive, HELP!

Ecocide Guest

Default Computer can't find hard drive, HELP!

Hello, for some reason my computer cannot find my hard drive. It says "Cannot find hardware" and it keeps searching for the hard drive all the time. When I use my old window's 95 hard drive, it works fine so I know the problem is my hard drive. That's all I can explain about it. Please if you have any information, reply back! Thanks!!!!

(Things to know)
    My computer is a compaq persario.
    The hard drive is in the computer still and it is 60gb of space.
    I had my computer for 2 years now.
    It is a windows me computer.
    I had no spyware in my computer because I used spyhunter to scan it a lot.

Thanks
    EP Points

If it isn't detected in the BIOS (when you start the computer) then I would err on the side of saying the HD has died on you

Thanks

To extend on what del_boy said if bios doesn't post a hd found, then look in your bios and make sure everything is setup right. Also make sure the drive's jumpers are set right, most drives today are set to "cable select" but I find it better to have it manually set to primary or secondary.

Disconnect anyother perpherial like a cd-rw or dvd player and just have the hd running on primary.

Check your motherboard makers for any updates to bios they might have that could help you with your hd problems. If they don't have anything mentioning hd problems don't update your bios.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

In the event the HDD has just failed then since it's only 2 years old the HDD is probably still under warrenty (they tend to have really long warrenties on HDDs for some strange reason). Take it down to a technician, for all you know if 2 weeks time you'll have been sent a shiny brand new 160gb HDD.