Thread: Hey everyone

KdT Guest

Default Hey everyone

I'm new here and this seems like an excellent place to find roms and things. Justing saying hi.
    I need something cleard, what is this epdonkey/epwhatever thing i keep hearing about? And should i get BitTorrent? and the irc is a little weird. I copy and paste the #(whatever) and only im in there. Is it usually like this? Thanks everyone.

Thanks

Just to let you know, we have an introductions thread right here.

-eDonkey is a popular file sharing client, their website is available here.
    -eMule is a eDonkey variant (and better in my opinion). Their website is here.
    -You can find out about BitTorrent here.
    -Shadow's BitTorrent client is experimental, but many find it works for them better than the standard version. His website is right here.
    -Our irc server is at the address irc.emuparadise.org on port 6667. Our channels are #emuparadise and #emuserve, and there are always people there.

Hope that helps. =)
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

KdT Guest

Yes thanks ill try that. Do i have to do anything with the port/ address to get there? if so how. before i just chatted and used the #____ thing. thanks again.

Thanks

I'm not sure what client you're using to get there, the most popular one is Mirc. You just enter the information into it that I gave you and you should be there in no time. Let me know if you have any questions.
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

KdT Guest

Yes i am using mirc. I am in the channel and noones there so chances are i screwed up. heres what i did.
    1. open mirc
    2. close that popup with the authors pic.
    3. go to the add channel thing
    4. added #emuparadise and joined
    5. sitting and wondering if i messed up

thanks

KdT Guest

ok thanks i gfot it. i was on the wrong server thingie.
    vote for you (dunno what it does but it seems good)