Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Writting , creating , making up stories...

bLaCkdRagOnslUv Guest

Smile Writting , creating , making up stories...

Some people like writting , like me ... Well i just wanted to see how many people actually like writting or reading , if you like reading what are your favorite Author 's ?
    If you like writting short stories or games or novels or just writting what are your most common topics you write about?
    Some people like writting about maniacs or death or cute things like love but some like writting about sad love stories and tragedys and some others like writting lyrics and riddles... What kind of writter you really are ?

Thanks

I like a lot of Stephen King if it counts....is books are really good and is movies are pretty decent as well
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

bLaCkdRagOnslUv Guest

Well i have never read any of Stephen Kings books for the fact i am always reading something else though everytime i want to read it something stops me and i cant. So i read something else. people are always giving me books to read or new ideas to read something else so i cant let it slip my mind and go read them but i am looking forward to reading it this christmas vacation hopefully ill be done with everything i have and i ll start on him

Thanks

I don't read alot of novels anymore, and if I do- then it's usually for school.. I usually read about things or people or places, since I find those more interesting sometimes.
    I write sometimes, not too often- I only write when I feel I have something thats worth writing, which.. yeah, isn't often! ^^;; and when I *DO* write it's usually just poetry or a short story.. they're usually sad/depressing or tragedies.. sometimes their cute and fluffy or silly and fun. hoo-ha.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

umm if i write...its either for fun, and really funny text...or its a sad depressing poem...i like to read...i dont really have a fav author tho...
    Time Travel?
    “All have their worth and each contributes to the worth of the others.”

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

My favorite author dances around a lot. I enjoy reading RA Salvatore, J.R.R. Tolkein, Robert Jordan, Jacqueline Carey, Joanne Bertin and a lot of the classic writers, like Bram Stoker and Mary Shelley (sp?). Also, Roderick Anscombe is pretty good.

I write occassionaly. I don't like displaying my writing since for the most part it isn't very good and I only like to write because there's a certain tranquility in it that I enjoy. To date I've finished one novelle and a dozen or so short stories. All of which suck, and have been written in various notebooks (I rarely write on the computer. Too many distractions)

Thanks

My favourite author is David Eddings. I like making games with RM2K, which requires a bit of skill to get a decent story. On my website I've uploaded the first part of the basic plot. Its sort of in a prologue style (is that the word?). Anyways go here to see it and some screenshots of what I've done so far.

ozone Guest

J.K Rowling maybe.I don't have a favourite author as such.

Thanks

david eddings?isn't he the guy who wrote the belgaraid?not sure...good stuff that.btw how is the other series of his?i can't remember the name now,the one with the book seeress of kell or something like that.
    otherwise my favourite authors are:
    lets get the ones you'll call me a geek for of my chest first-stephen hawking,shakespeare,homer(well kinda,i hate his habit of using an entire page to introduce a guy,i think back then the only way to introduce a guy was to tell his biography),william wordsworth,tagore(i only liked the ones translated by william radcliffe somehow),milton(if i'm in a deep thought provoking mood).
    otherwise:eoin coffer,satyajit ray,john grisham(he'sauthors have started writing some really pathetic shit these days,skipping christmas and the summons have put me off to such an extent i've stopped reagding his new books),rowling(blah blah blah),charles dickens(well u gotta admit pickwick papers was a laugh riot,well other than the sad stories he keeps narrating in between anyway),ayn rand,james herriot.
    these are the only ones i can think of offhand,i'll come back with the other names later,right now i'm too tired(stupid school stayback )

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks

I now understand why you call yourself 'wordsworth'.... you read so much.

Thanks

unfortunately,my mother thinks the same,she refuses to buy me any books,but there is still hope-my ancestral home has the best library ever....the complete works of nearly all me favorite authors,by intellectual right those books should be my sister's and mine as both our grandparents are dead and we are probably the only ones who will respect the books,sure my uncle will take care of them for now,but i doubt my cousins will,ah well it is a tragedy though,one among the many of my life....tell me was i right about david eddings?
    also a quick update to my list,these are afew amazing series:
    yes minister,yes prime minister(man these are the funniest politically correct books ever written)
    jennings series,william series(i used to love them when i was a preteen,but since my 13th b'day i.e 2 yrs back i've started finding them a bit childish)
    the chronicles of narnia(well kinda....)

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]

Thanks

In addition to David Eddings I like some stuff by Emily Rodda such as the Deltora Quest series.

Thanks

deltora quest?i've been thinking about trying that...it's there in my school library.is it any good?what's the plot line like?it's one of the only books left in my school library that doesn't look boring or stupid that i haven't read yet.next year we're off to the senior library though
    edit-i gave you a vote...i liked the way you handled that wrong forums thread,last time cyberxion shouted at me,i went straight to the battle field,before sorting out the misunderstanding between us,you're my new idol
    Last edited by Solitude; 24th-November-2003 at 15:21.

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]

Thanks

The plot of Deltora Quest is basically some evil shadow lord person has taken over the world by stealing the 7 gems that maintain order. Its a seven book series, 1 book for for each gem. The main character has to retreive all the gems to restore peace....bla bla bla bla. Its your average plot. But the way Emily Rodda has written the book is excellent. When I'm reading one of the books Its like I have an anime playing in my head. Apparantly another series of Deltora Quest was just released, but I don't know what its about. On other things, my favourite book by David Eddings is 'The Redemption of Althalus'.

Thanks

damn,i've read this book,somewhere,or one with a very similar plot(not much of a coincedence,eh?).but the one i read was very poorly written i just read the first two books and i think it was a five book series,honestly i've read so many books i rarely remember them unless i've read them twice
    Last edited by Solitude; 24th-November-2003 at 15:53.

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]