Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Dragoon

mystic_knight Guest

VGS doesn't like me, it never goes to the right drive even when all the others are empty

xaenn: For the burned version of LoD you need a patch burned on the cd with the game.

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Originally posted by mystic_knight
    VGS doesn't like me, it never goes to the right drive even when all the others are empty

xaenn: For the burned version of LoD you need a patch burned on the cd with the game.
    that suckes I wish I know about that now I neeed to find a patch (that dose not have a trainer in it)

Need New Sig

Thanks

A patch for the game is not required. The trainer patch for LoD merely lets you decided if you want to play the game in NTSC or PAL, VGS plays games regardless of their region. Infact I recommend not using a patch as it seems VGS does not play trainers extremely well.

Thanks

Uhmm a patch for this game IS necessary duh It's copy protected.. Just like final fantasy 9! You need the PPF patch to play this game in EPSXE.
    It didn't work for me before just like the dude who started this thread sed.. nothin but a black screen. But then after puttin the ppf patch i found (NOT the trainer one cuz apparently it doesnt work well with emulators but the one that just skips the copy prot)
    And then just selected auto load patch in epsxe and VOILA it works.
    So you DO need a patch unless ofcourse your iso is already prepatched which might be the case if you downloaded it.
    Try it! (If you want i'll post the PPF ...)

Manias

Thanks

I copied mine from an original disc and it worked perfectly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Vanit
    I copied mine from an original disc and it worked perfectly.
    It will work fine on an Emulator as an ISO...

Howerver if you try to burn it to a disk without the patch the disk will not play on a PSX or in a Emulator..

Thanks

It works fine burnt to a disc as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can also try it as a burnt disk.
    I'll be back in a couple of days.

Thanks

Umm well mine REALLY wouldn't work until i had the patch though Maybe it's different on pal or ntsc i dunno. But just like ff9, it did _not_ work without it. And I've searched thru some other forums and other people have had the same thing as well. So maybe there's different versions of the game or maybe ntsc or pal is protected who knows.
    All I know is the version I have NEEDS the patch for epsxe (as ISO)..

mystic_knight Guest

Well I've basically given up on it. Takes up a lot of space on the HD anyway . Plus a friend of mine has the actual game, so I figure I just borrow the real thing. I think it was mainly being an .nrg though. I dl'ed another ISO in .nrg and it didnt work either, even when I changed it to .iso and to .img. But when I dl'ed the game from a place with the .img it worked. I dunno, maybe ePSXe doesnt like me. Thanks for trying to help though.

Thanks

Mystic knight i think we have the same version because i also have that NRG iso All you have to do is change it to BIN with a program, download the patch, and voila.
    And since Vanit's version DID work without a patch and mine did NOT (on epsxe) there must be different versions, some protected and some not. Because ALL my settings were the same before and after the patch, my patch worked anyway

mystic_knight Guest

Oh well, I can use the hd space for something more productive and just borrow the game. Even though I probably wouldn't play it anyway. Since I got DSL I've been DL'ing ISOs I'll never finish, some I haven't even played, yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ey
    Id just like to ask ya have u tried Epsxe??
    as i have lod and i can run it 100% without patches and it looks sweet.
    What u have to do is when making the iso use clony x
    and that way when you use the img file epsxe picks it up without problems.
    Hope this helps.
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Thanks

Maybe that's why it wouldn't work on mine without patches cuz mine is a bin? Maybe it needz cloneCD as to pick up on some weird protected sector or sumthin (Cuz it was originally a Nero image thingy then converted to bin which led to some error at the end (really at 99% which is odd). So maybe that's why! (or maybe it was a bad iso and for some reason the patch skipped some bad sector who knows!)
    Gawd iso's are annoyingly complicated.

Thanks

Where can I get this copy protection patch?

I am really not sure how well it is running on ePSXe. At first I had the settings so LoD ran at 2 million miles an hour...and I played a lot of the game that way...the timings were very difficult.

Now I want to try burning the game and running it on my PSX so I can see how it should run...anyone know where I can get that patch?