Thread: I'm excessively placing topics in the wrong forums...

Thanks

Default I'm excessively placing topics in the wrong forums...

For some reason whenever I make a new topic in what I think is the appropriate forum it gets moved to some dead forum nobody uses. More forums should be merged so that all topics get an equal share in being seen.

Thanks

Listen dude , I don't know you and i'm not trying to get you down but you are new here and here we have rules where to post certain things and you post everything where you want it...

....and you as an uploader of emuparadise:\
    meh

Thanks

I know I'm posting them in the wrong forums. I'm doing so because If I put them in the correct forums they won't be seen because nobody goes to them. I'm just asking that we are given the opportunity to have our questions or topics seen. In addition to that the name ''Free 4 all' is very misleading.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

'Free 4 all' is where you put all your threads that can't be placed under the other categories. Nothing you can do about it. Rules are rules.

Thanks

listen most of the people ( I dunno about n00bs) press the '' view new posts '' link in the upper right corner of your screen...then you get a list of everything what people posted since your last visit and in that very same list you can see if anyone maked a new tread....so just posts your things where they belong.
    meh

Thanks

I may have lost the arguement but my point remains valid. I think its unfair that my post has to be buried in a forum nobody goes to just because its about something else.

Thanks
    EP Points

If people keep posting in the wrong forum of course no one is going to post in the correct one.

Thanks

I'm suggesting that the dead forums be merged with a more popular one so that the related posts get a fair amount of attention.

EDIT: The fact that this topic was moved is no more than ironic.
    Last edited by Neverin; 23rd-November-2003 at 10:49.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Originally posted by Vanit
    I may have lost the arguement but my point remains valid. I think its unfair that my post has to be buried in a forum nobody goes to just because its about something else.
    Think of it this way. If you post your thread in FFA it's most likely gonna get buried in less then a day. So anybody who didn't come in that day will have missed it. Where if you post it in a slower subsection, anybody who looks in there will see it for a week or more.

Although really, I look in each sub-forum about the same amount. I just only look at a tread if it looks interesting. So make a interesting thread and it'll do well regardless of where it's placed.

Thanks

Thank you for a logical answer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Vanit, your points aren't valid at all. It's just bullshit complaining by someone who can't follow the rules, and who thinks that for some reason he's above them.
    The reality of the matter is this; uploader or not, there are appropriate places for your threads, and you need to make sure you put them where they belong. If you don't, you'll find them moved to the appropriate forum by a Mod. Everyone else adheres to these rules without complaining, and you are expected to do the same. Your threads aren't any more important then anyone elses, and so you will follow the rules just like everyone else, END OF DISCUSSION. If you do not find this to your liking, you are free to leave at any time. I'm not asking you to, but I'm also telling you were aren't going to be changing the rules merely because you feel slightly inconvenienced. Got it?

For some reason whenever I make a new topic in what I think is the appropriate forum it gets moved to some dead forum nobody uses. More forums should be merged so that all topics get an equal share in being seen.
    I know I'm posting them in the wrong forums. I'm doing so because If I put them in the correct forums they won't be seen because nobody goes to them. I'm just asking that we are given the opportunity to have our questions or topics seen. In addition to that the name ''Free 4 all' is very misleading.
    Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this? 100 points to the person who correctly identifies the problem with these posts. Keep in mind that one was posted right after the other.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 23rd-November-2003 at 13:07.

Thanks

What i don't get is vanit's idea of a popular forum,as long as your topic is in the right forum,and people want to take part in the discussion people will post regardless of whether the post was in a popular forum or not,coz most people just surf the active topics.and the fact that you purposely put your topics in the wrong forums doesn't say much for you,i don't think a thread has yet gone by without a single reply...so just be patient.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 23rd-November-2003 at 23:18.

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks

No, wordsworth, Cyberxion is right. I'm sorry everyone for wasting your time. I'll try to follow the rules and post my threads more accurately. Having said that, I act like this regardless of my local status. I wasn't taking being an uploader into account. I'm sorry if it came accross that way. I know I've been stuffing sticks up a few peoples' asses and I'm sorry for it.