Thread: I need some HD help...

Thanks

Default I need some HD help...

I have a Maxtor 60GB HD that I got about... Well, a few months ago. Well, I had it installed the first day, and everything worked great. I then tried to partition this HD, so I could install the wonderful OS, Linux. It went fine, but then it became a main partition. I don't know how... but it did. I then got my cousin to come over and show me how to get FDISK to work on XP, and then we formatted the HD. Now it is read as 30GB, so I deleted the partitions, and it is now totally unallocated. I want this space back, but don't kow how to get my 30GB back...

Help?
    NeoZidane

Thanks

*bump*

Anyone? Any help would be good... thanks.

Neo

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

I'm sure theres a easyer way, but just do this:

Download the Knoppix bootable linux CD and burn it.

Boot the CD

When its done booting open a konsole

type "fdisk /dev/hda" (or it might be hdb or hdc or hdd, depending on how many hard drives you have)
    press "h" for help
    bacically just delete all the partions and save
    reinstall OS of your choise

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm, I hope that worked for you. I also hope that after ridding yourself of that XP junk, you stayed away from it and other M$ crap. I havnt used Knoppix before, but I know that SUSE linux can be dual booted with win 98 and win 2k (I have done both these before). Hmm, next time I get linux on, I think I will only put linux on and stay back from microsofts trash.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.