Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The all encompassing GameCube Emulation thread!

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Gamecube emu running! video

I was just looking at ngemu a sec ago and this was the first thing I saw. I don't know if you guys have seen it or not but here it is. The frames have been upped to full speed so you can watch it a little easier. It still runs a little slow.
    http://www.ngemu.com/gc/zelda/video/...lda_intro3.avi

Thanks
    EP Points

This was an Emutalk exclusive btw

reg_reagan233 Guest

It was always going to happen- someone had to think of a way to emulate it.

Thanks

Now let's just find a way to play them games, eh?

chronos Guest

Thats odd that that can actually emulate the thing because the thing runs backward if you know what I mean.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats odd that that can actually emulate the thing because the thing runs backward if you know what I mean.
    The backwards running CD thing is a myth btw The CDs (or opitical discs) run forward.

xeoGenesis Guest

Default Gamecube emulation is here!

Make sure you're sitting down and are comfortable, preferably with a cup of coffee or tea or some other drink you enjoy. This is a moment you will remember forever, I promise. This is as big as when you first saw UltraHLE running Super Mario 64, and heard Mario shout "Itsa me, Maaario!".

Hold your breath and download this amazing video of the GameCube emulator Dolphin running the intro of Zelda. Please note that the author has increased the FPS for viewing pleasure reasons, the actual speed is much slower. I would like to ask webmasters of other sites to upload this file to your own webserver, else the bandwith bill will kill me.

Thanks a TON to the anonymous author of Dolphin for giving us at Emulation64 this exclusive. Also, thanks to Nezzar, vampireuk and 2fast4u for providing mirrors.
    (From another forum)

A video here: http://www.consoleparadise.com/files...lda_intro3.avi
    Emulator here:
    http://www.zophar.net/Files/Dolwin007bin.rar

Now all we need is some roms

xeoGenesis Guest

A Starfox adventures rom has been posted on a bittorrent site! can't post it here but think of an exploding star.

Thanks

Default Re: Gamecube emulation is here!

Originally posted by xeoGenesis

Now all we need is some roms
    You mean ISOs? They've been releasing them for sometime now, check http://www.gba-nfo.com/gc_home.php for new releases. BTW, it seems you can now play the releases on unmodded GameCubes

Thanks
    EP Points

The emulator Xeogenesis has posted a link to 'Is not' the emulator that is running Zelda btw

Dolwin & Dolphin are two entirely different entities.

I have a good idea of at least 3 people working on the various emulators... all of them truly godlike programmers

chronos Guest

Cool, more emulators.

xeoGenesis Guest

Looks like the real emulator dolphin hasn't been released yet. If somebody knows where to get it please post it.

Thanks

According to some threads over at Console Paradise, the GameCube has been cracked with the unofficial release of Animal Crossing Loader v1.1. This loader lets you stream GameCube ISOs from a PC to the game console using its BroadBand Adapter and the Phantasy Star Online exploit. There is no need for modchips or external hardware. Besides this news, we can also read that an emulator has presumably been released that, of course, lets you play GameCube games on your computer

Firstly congrats to Eurasia for some great work! It's nice of them to allow a few people to see their internal release.
    Hopefully this will really open the Hombrew scene and show the real power of the GCN.
    Okay so you're probably all wondering how this works with commercial titles?
    The loader is only designed as a development tool to allow you to run larger images on the GCN. This could include emulators and mediaplayers.
    While commercial game images will load, there are many that will not boot and most that do will be slow. Animal Crossing and Luigi's mansion are the only ones that work 100% at this stage.
    Overall the tool worked great and has come along way in the few months it's been in development.
    Remember though it isn't a official public release or designed for commercial games so don't complain if something doesn't boot.
    I can't stress enough to people that this is NOT an official public release. I too thank Eurasia for an impressive show of talent. Cant wait to see some of the homebrew releases.

The threads where these topics are discussed can be found here (Animal Crossing Loader) and here (emulator). Please note that registration is required to view the threads and no, the loader and emulator are not available for download. You can only download an .avi movie which shows the emulated version of the Zelda game.
    I stole that from IRCSpy. Um.. yay?

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks like the real emulator dolphin hasn't been released yet. If somebody knows where to get it please post it.
    As soon as it is released I will let you all know. Not yet is the answer.

Thanks

Um... Should we be happy about this...?
    Hasn't it been discussed before that downloading games from currently existing consoles isn't "ethical"...?

Oh, well... More emulators... The scene grows... Yay?*

*Excerpt from Shibbyguy's post...