Thread: complete method of ripping, burning, and playing your psx games (on your psx!)

cheesy_x Guest

Default complete method of ripping, burning, and playing your psx games (on your psx!)

If you want complete instructions on how to rip, burn, and play your burnt images on your psx, here they are. (plz tell me if I went wrong in my instructions somewhere).

Download Alcohol 120% (a free program you can do a goole search for), Put the psx cd you want to burn in your disk drive. Then select that "make image" button (I think it's the first one). This will rip the game off the disk onto the hard-drive (make sure you select "playstation" format in the format menu). Then select the "Image burning" button (it's not called that exactly ill edit this later). Put a blank cd in your BURNER drive, select the image you ripped, (make sure it's PLAYSTATION format) then burn (on whatever speed you want). This will create your burnt cd. Now you can play this cd with an emulator program (i use ePSXe) OR you can play it on your psx (yay!) using the following "swap" method.

Insert an ORIGINAL copy of ANY US game (with a coloured bottom), tape down the lid sensor button (I use scotch tape, but anything that holds it down is good). Then the american game you put in will start spinning slowly, then very quickly, as soon as it starts spinning fast replace it with your burnt game. The burnt game will spin slowly, then speed up, then slow down, when it slows down the second time, replace it with the US game again. It will quickly speed up to the faster speed, quickly replace it with your burnt game and wait for a few seconds, then play! (you might want to close the lid (if you can) if you think the tape (or other) might come off. This is how i burnt all my games, enjoy.

EDIT: If results are unsatisfactory, or if you use a different video mode than the game you are trying to play, go to megeagames.com and use alc 120% to burn "import player light (ISO). Use the swap method to play it then use the menu to play on a different video mode (NTSC, PAL). (Thanks to DeAcH for the boot cd info).

(i just wanted to cram all this information into one post so no-one has search for it)

chronos Guest

good tutorial.

cheesy_x Guest

Well, if it's good why don't you rate the thread??? Not that im forcing you or anything.

EDIT: Awww, thanks guys a 1 out of 5 stars im so flattered.