Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: File sharing programs....

Thanks

Default File sharing programs....

Can you guys tell me some of the good file sharing programs like Kazaa.

I want it to be spyware free or adware free like Kazaa lite.

Also, tell me which is the number one and please post links as to where to get them.

Thanx in Advance....

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

WinMX is a good one I used to use before Kazaa...

http://winmx.com/

EmuFreak Guest

Well theres earth station 5 if you want the site just search that in google, they supposedly keep your ip hidden from anyone RIAA included, or you can use something a tad different but also safe right now, and very useful more much more then mp3s Direct Connect.

Thanks

EmuFreak, I went to the Earth Station 5's website. In the downloads section, there are multiple "country" versions available. Basically, I am interested in the UK and the US version

1. es5us.exe (US)
    2. es5uk.exe (UK)

Whats the difference. Is it just a mirror for the file download or the file sharing will be related to only UK/ US servers or something like that...???

What about emule, emule plus and edonkey.

Also, what about BitTorrent or something like that and DC++...

How good are they. ???
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 2nd-October-2003 at 07:47.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

trelimb Guest

emule is good. and by the way, kazaa lite is not spyware free. I know everyone says it is but if you run adaware and try to use kazaa lite again afterwords, it won't run. I haven't used kazaa lite for a very long time so maybe this isn't true anymore but I doubt it.

Thanks

Nope. Kazaa Lite IS free of spyware. I have used Adaware Plus a lots of times and there have been no problems afterwards as to the running and working of Kazaa lite.

I only had problems with Kazaa when I used the Adaware Plus, it wasn't working but at that time I never knew of Kazaa Lite.

trelimb Guest

Aha, so it has been fixed. This is good news to know. It wasn't always like that.

Thanks

EmuFreak, I downloaded Earth Station 5 but am not totally satisfied with it. I DON'T LIKE IT. Its kinda "too flashy" with all those banners all over it.

Kazaa Lite is simple and straightfoward.

Also, I made a "very common search" in ES5 and that search when done in Kazaa shows at least 100 results, but when I did the same search in Earth Station 5. It gave me NONE.... After making the search thrice it showed me only TWO files....

May be people are not using Earth Station 5 that much...

Anyways, thanx for that and ANY OTHER PROGRAMS....
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 2nd-October-2003 at 08:54.

Thanks

you can try

e-donkey
    e-mule
    Imesh
    Bittorrent

and some more but I just can't remember them now
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

kazaa lite is not spyware free. I know everyone says it is but if you run adaware and try to use kazaa lite again afterwords, it won't run.
    Because it used a dummy cydoor.dll to fool Kazaa into thinking the spyware was still there. Sadly it also fooled some ad checking programs. There has never been spyware though, removing the dummy dll would cause Kazaa to complain about it being removed.

Just thought I'd post this for clarification.

Thanks

What about Direct Connect. file sharing and funny shit. I dont know about spyware and stuyff thou
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks
    EP Points

go with Soul Seek, its probably the best one besides BT

Thanks

Never use KaZaA! It`s the work of the devil! Almost every MP3 is radioripped, and programs are virusinfected!

Use:

DC++
    eMule

The only progs I use...

Thanks

dc gives me always low speed.....is dc++ better and faster?
    meh

trelimb Guest

Originally posted by Del_Boy
    Because it used a dummy cydoor.dll to fool Kazaa into thinking the spyware was still there. Sadly it also fooled some ad checking programs. There has never been spyware though, removing the dummy dll would cause Kazaa to complain about it being removed.

Just thought I'd post this for clarification.
    Oh yeah, I remember it said that on the site. I guess I always just figured they were lying. *looks around with shifty eyes* I don't always believe what the site tells you *more shifty eyes* but this time they were probably telling the truth since what they were saying did make sence.