View Poll Results: What's better; MGS2(PS2) or MGS1(PSX)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Metal Gear Solid 1 (for Playstation 1)

4 44.44%
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (for Playstation 2)

5 55.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is MGS2(PS2) as good as MGS1(PS1)?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Is MGS2(PS2) as good as MGS1(PS1)?

As simple as the subject! Just vote, and don't gloat.. or.. boat. You get the idea -.-'

I personally can't say, because I've only beaten MGS1 for PC, and that's no way NEAR as good as MGS1 for the PSX!!
    MGS2: SoL was really good, though!

CYBER EDIT: I condenced your double post into a single post. You should know better then to double post given the length of time you've been here. No warning points were issued this time, but please be careful and don't do it again.

^Spawn^ Edit: I apologize Cyber. I wasn't thinking really, and come to think of it I had a headache. Bad excuse . I'll try not to do it again.
    Last edited by ^Spawn^; 28th-September-2003 at 17:45.

Thanks

I didn`t vote, because I like both of them very good.

Maybe Twin Snakes will change my mind?

Thanks

I just played MGS2 for a few minutes and I don't like it(dunno why)
    so I go for part 1 because that part was just awesome!
    meh

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I like Metal Gear Solid 2 more than MGS. I think the story, the enviroment, the cast (except Emma, DIE DIE DIE!) and Metal Gear itself are much better than in MGS.
    Last edited by crusher; 28th-September-2003 at 12:44.

Thanks

maybe i should try MGS2....let me first finish kindom hearts before I start on anew game
    meh

Thanks

You should try MGS2, it is a great game, indeed.

crusher: Uhm...what about Rose?

Thanks

Originally posted by crusher
    I like Metal Gear Solid 2 more than MGS. I think the story, the enviroment, the cast (except Emma, DIE DIE DIE!) and Metal Gear itself are much better than in MGS.
    Amen to that
    But Emma? Emma was cool But her brother, ugh, he's so darn annoying And not to forget the ever annoying Raiden aka Jack Annoyance to the max

But at an overall rate, MGS2 is far more entertaining. The reasons crusher mentioned, and not to forget the very appealing music

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Nightingale
    Amen to that
    But Emma? Emma was cool But her brother, ugh, he's so darn annoying And not to forget the ever annoying Raiden aka Jack Annoyance to the max

But at an overall rate, MGS2 is far more entertaining. The reasons crusher mentioned, and not to forget the very appealing music
    I found Emma pretty annoying. She could have been a better character I believe, if she lived a little longer. And let's not forget Rose. "Jack do you remember when we met yadayaydaydad?" ANNOYING! But I found Otacon and Raiden not at all annoying.

Oh and you are right! The music is very good. Harry Gregson-Williams rearrangement of the MGS main theme is �ber good!

Thanks

MGS2 obviousley beats MGS in the gfx department, and has an even more complex story than MGS. As for gameplay, I think they are equally great. We have to thank ol� Kojima for this.
    The only difference is that you get to do more stuff in MGS2(ie: hanging, dragging enemies' bodies, 1st person shooting, etc). I love them both, so I cant vote on which is best.
    btw, I havent played SoL, but Substance for PC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I personally thought Emma was kinda dumb, but OK. I thought Otacon was great when he was trying to do the chinese proverbs !
    I also thought (wow! I can think, you learn something new every day) that Raiden was dumb. Like, sure his suite and flips n' stuff were OK, but Snake is SOOO much cooler!

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought Emma was a wonderful character, and I'm quite willing to admit I was close to tears at the beautifully orchestrated scenes surrounding her death

Though MGS 1 is still the superior game in my eyes, MGS2 used what was essentially the same story and gave an excuse for it that, while interesting, came off just a little cheap to me...

EmuFreak Guest

I dunno I notice more people lately then ever back when MGS 2 was released agree with my view that MGS 2 was just missing that special something that the first part was missing on psone, I really was upset with MGS 2 for that reason I guess. I am really excited however for this gamecube remake of the first MGS on psone.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, personally I liked the way in MGS1 for the PSX that you removed the controller and stuff like that, and it referred to the disc case. I thought that was almost a revolutionary thing in the game. So I was kind of dissapointed that they didn't do it in MGS2.

Anyway, I'm not too sure how the controller taking out worked, because I never actually played it. My friend told me.

Thanks

i love both titles but since i have mgs1 and have played many more times that's closer to my heart.but mgs2 plotwise and obviously by graphics is a better game.gameplay....dunno same i guess.

Currently listening to:
    Isis ~ Panopticon [9/10]
    The Walkmen ~ Bows & Arrows [8.5/10]
    The Shins ~ Oh, Inverted World
    Explosions In The Sky ~ How Strange, Innocence
    Caribou ~ The Milk of Human Kindness
    J�hann J�hannsson ~ Vir�ulegu Forsetar

Thanks

Originally posted by crusher
    You're so wrong cruser
    MGS TS will pwn all!