Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modchips question!

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation Modchips question!

Alright, as usual I have quite a few questions. Firstly: If I had a modchip in my ps1, could I download ISOs off the internet (probably this site,) and burn them onto a disc, then play them on my ps1? If not, what are the use of modchips?

Second question: How difficult is it to put one in? Do I need to solder, or can I just tape two bare wires together? Or better yet, just put it in ?

Third: Where can I buy a modchip?

Thanks
    EP Points

First Question: Yes you could

Second Question: Solder I think, depending on which one you have

Third Question: mod-chip.com I think

Thanks
    EP Points

to answer ur 2nd question for u, yes it is kinda hard if u never solder's before, an no its not if u have. i would give it to some that does(theres a couple sites on the web) so u wont risk the damage of ur ps1

Thanks

you can buy a bootdisk too, then you don't have to solder a mod-chip in your Psx
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

A boot disc? Are they discs with black bottoms that you burn ISOs onto :-S?

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

A boot disc is a disc that you put in your psx when you turn it on. Then, after the disc stop spinning you swap it with the burnt game you want to play and voila! Play and have fun.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by ^Spawn^
    A boot disc? Are they discs with black bottoms that you burn ISOs onto :-S?
    Blah boot discs suck compared to modding the psone boot discs are more of a pain compared to a mod chip, they don't work on all games thats a fact, they actually make some games crash I have heard, and worst of all YOU CAN NOT BURN ONE off the web SUPPOSEDLY.

trelimb Guest

Originally posted by EmuFreak
    Blah boot discs suck compared to modding the psone boot discs are more of a pain compared to a mod chip, they don't work on all games thats a fact, they actually make some games crash I have heard, and worst of all YOU CAN NOT BURN ONE off the web SUPPOSEDLY.
    I agree completely. You can burn one, but it will only work in a modded console. You may wonder how that is useful so I'll tell you. There are import player boot disks that can be used if you need to play a game from a different region and can't find a patch for it. Although, if you are going from pal to NTSC the image will still be too tall to fit on an NTSC television. That's just the way it is.

Thanks
    EP Points

OK, well thanks all of you , but there's one or two more questions left .
    Firstly: Are modchips illegal?
    Secondly: Where can I buy one, that isn't on the net?

trelimb Guest

No, modchips are not illeagle. It will, however, void your warranty with sony if you get an internal one because you have to open the console. I recommend getting an internal modchip because everything I have read says they work the best.
    I don't know the answer to your second question.

Thanks

you can always ask friends (if they have a mod-chipped psx) where they bought it....

and for me I just know a lot of people who sells them and they put it in your psx or ps2 or x-box( but I live in the netherlands so I don't think that this is an option for you )
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

No, dj, I'm afraid it aint. I live in canada.
    As for voiding warranty, that doesn't matter, because I already have a PS2 and I don't need the PS1.

trelimb Guest

I got mine from an online place that's in canada. If you change your mind about the not wanting to buy it online thing maybe you should check them out. http://www.modchip.ca/products/ps/stealth.php

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I would buy it online, but I don't know if my parents would use a credit card online. Maybe I could pay in cash.
    Anyway, thank you. All my questions have been answered, so the thread can now be closed, if you want it to be.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by ^Spawn^
    Well, I would buy it online, but I don't know if my parents would use a credit card online. Maybe I could pay in cash.
    Anyway, thank you. All my questions have been answered, so the thread can now be closed, if you want it to be.
    Hmmm you bring up another good point about the credit card thing, lets face it how would you pay if you did not have a credit card for the games? I know most people have credit cards but there should be a few million americans that still do not and I am sure some of them at least are people who are into video games.