cause the esrb now wants to use facial recognition for age checks to determine whether or not you're old enough to play video games!

https://gamerant.com/esrb-facial-age-estimation-check/

me? i've seen enough corporate BS to know that they are NOT doing this for kids or to protect kids. no. privacy and laws are obstacles on the path towards more money for companies. they've been gathering, harvesting, and scraping digital data about everyone for years. now? now it's all about the biometric data!

i'm sorry for my last, now 3, most recent news posts here being so black pilled but what the most unholy as all F imaginable BS even IS this industry at this point?!

how is this even classifiable as an entertainment industry now? everything someone could possibly imagine and conceive of doing is being done to exploit, manipulate, and drain the wallets of people who play video games and now our very physical appearance is going to be gathered, traded, and sold to the highest bidder.

and it just continues to get worse with negligible improvement anywhere.

DRM is malware. all these extremely invasive anticheat software are malware. denuvo is malware. and this? i am NEVER buying a freaking webcam to send a fing PHOTO of myself to request PERMISSION to play a video game.

i will go 100% full piracy if they do this.