Thread: 87% Of Games Are Dead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 87% Of Games Are Dead.

no, granted, i'm pretty sure they mean in any purchasable physical format.

emulation and piracy continue to be 2 of the most important things for video games when it comes to preserving them. especially with the industry steadily shifting more and more towards "digital only" over time.

and while sony and xbox are doing somewhat good with backwards compatibility and emulation... the whole industry still fights against emulation and piracy to its own detriment.

this website continues to be one of THE best resources for old games on the internet due to the sheer vastness of EP's overall ROM/ISO collection. i bet the video game industry hates that fact.

and sega...STOP USING DENUVO! denuvo's already put out 2 different anti-emulation articles. you are using a flat out anti-video game company's software in your games! one whose supporters and defenders continue to try and gaslight people into believing it doesn't negatively impact games.

edit: 14:35 looks like the next DMCA review is coming up next year and you know what the ESA will be defending? you know that graph shown in the first part of this video showing how bad video game preservation is? yeah, that's the status quo the ESA will be defending at the review.

i have supported emulation and piracy for most of my life, and always will support these things, because, as a gamer, i have no choice but to support and defend such things.

because for...well...87%+ of all video games, that's the only way you can access and play them at all.

there is no choice in the matter

and this industry... day, week, month, year after year...on;y ever works against us gamers. the video game industry would sooner see the entire history of video games erased from existence than it would provide ANY reasonable means of preserving and keeping their old titles available for future audiences.

yeah, cause digital piracy is just RAVAGING the video game economy... bull!
    Last edited by treos; 15th-July-2023 at 07:49.