Thread: Burning DVD on to a CD-R

Thanks

Default Burning DVD on to a CD-R

Is this possible to do or not? If you can how do you do this if you have only a DVD driver and a CD rewriter? If this can't be talked about on the fourms then you can close this topic.

Thanks

i use Dup-DVD. i dont think this is discussing warez , you asked a normal question.

Thanks

You can't, the best you could burn is a SVCD, and even the DVD writers at the moment can't do the disk that are too big. However you could put a DivX movie on and use a DivX player for something like the PS2 and I think theres a few hardware ones.

Thanks
    EP Points

Speaking of making DivX files.
    I have tried Gordian Knot (its freeware) and its very confusing to use. Got any suggestions.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should try following the guides on Divigest or doom9.org
    That should get your started, you'll understand it better once you've done the thing a couple of times =D

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

dvdrhelp.com is a good place too for tutorials on how to do that stuff.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

is it possible to load a dvd to yer pc and then convert it to Divx? without the use of a dvd burner, only a a cd burner?
    "Officer, I swear to drunk I'm not God".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Getting a DVD onto your computer requires a DVD-ROM drive, which are about 60 dollars nowadays. You don't need a burner unless you want to burn DVDs. It's possibly, but from what I hear it takes a /long/ time.

Thanks

aight, thanx.
    "Officer, I swear to drunk I'm not God".

Thanks

It's impossible to read a dvd from a regular cd-rom because a cd-rom's read lens aren't as strong as dvd-rom readers.

vcdhelp.com is a good site I use for all my recording questions.

If your going to be ripping your dvd's and encodeing them to divx so they can fit on a cd then I recommend encodeing using the xvid encoder.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Z/ero Guest

just buy a dvd writer, there going cheapish now and saves lack of quality and messing around compresing video, i have been doing it for ages now and this is by far the best method

Thanks

Well I figured out how to back up my dvds by making a dvd to svcd. Everthing is fine just a few fuzzes here and there I am not that picky on quality. But the sound is a bit werid and it echos so if anyone can help me with that. That would be my only problem but I am this trying things a finding new method to do this. BUt thatnx for all your guys replies.

Z/ero Guest

what are you using to do this method, it depends on the quality of the compresion

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I find that some programs just don't work as well as others. I was told that Nero 6 was the best for burning VCDs, but when I tried it my VCDs would come through without any sound sometimes, which was, suffice to say, a pain in the ass. Perhaps the same sort of problem is happening with you, only with a double-sound or something. Try using a different program, like VCDEasy, and if the problem persists then try different formats, like VCD instead of SVCD.

Thanks

Well right now I am using the guide form http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvd2svcd.htm to make a DVD to a SVCD.

I downloaded the bundle that dose everthing automaticly but one question on the step one pic when its in the conversion tab in the selected audiotracks. What dose the Ch. stand for?