Page 25 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I need to get one of those tiny cars, but then would need to up my skillz to dodge all the B Doubles (prime mover + 2x semitrailers) we have on the road here, or else end up splattered like a mosquito
    People that live here will barrel down the roads. Big trucks typically only go on the dirt roads when they're repairing the pavement by the quarry. They aren't supposed to but that doesn't stop them. It has improved a lot since the county official they had been bribing got booted though.

I've pretty much stopped going to junk shops in recent years.
    Yeah prices have gone up but I prefer to take my chances going through stuff at work.
    Spend more time looking in the one spot, buy more stuff than I would with less travel and spend less on items.

I have looked at some garage sales (same as yard sales) a few times over the last couple of years but they get picked clean of cool stuff at like 6am.
    Other thrift and second hand shops get picked clean too so you pretty much have to be there are something is put out.
    At work it's much easier. I see things before they're even put out for sale

But in lockdown there's no work and a lot of retail shops are closed. No garage sales or anything like that.
    Technically aren't even allowed to pickup online purchases but some people like to risk the over 5k fine.
    I meant Japanese ones, since you mentioned your uncle living there. Thrift stores and garage/yard sales have gone downhill here but it's not that bad. Are the cops monitoring everyone over there ?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    I meant Japanese ones, since you mentioned your uncle living there. Thrift stores and garage/yard sales have gone downhill here but it's not that bad. Are the cops monitoring everyone over there ?
    Depending on prefecture there are restrictions there. Neither my Uncle or his wife are fully immunised atm.
    They only go out for essentials and work from home.
    The apartment they have is typical Japanese city type so not heaps of room to stockpile stuff.
    This is all without even considering Japan Post not sending parcels here.

As for cops here, no they're aren't monitoring people actively.
    But if you're caught doing the wrong thing an officer can give you a fine of over 5k on the spot, no summons to court or anything.
    This is how your force people to do the right thing for the rest of society. It's to protect the vulnerable.
    Rights of the individual are irrelevant in the case of a real public health emergency.

Back when this started the fines were small and very rare, there were heaps of warnings.
    Delta variant has changed things.
    Breaching public health orders is a serious thing. Individual states enforce their own rules, but the fed gov just wants all restrictions to stop everywhere and open up everything. They only care about money and not people in general.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Delta is just too contagious, people of all ages can get really sick. One person can infect multiple people very quickly and easily and cases can spiral out of control.
    This is only temporary though until we can get 70% and 80% of the population fully vaccinated.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

If you want to look at both ends of the spectrum dealing with an outbreak of this nature, look at New Zealand as the gold standard of the correct way... and then other countries like India, UK and I'm sorry to say, the US as bad examples (although maybe the US is a little better now with Trump gone).

Australia isn't super tough like NZ, but some states over here are tougher than others.
    I don't mind it. I can still go out to get groceries, petrol and pick up my mail. Go to the doctor if I need to and I got both my pfizer shots during lockdowns.
    I can't visit my sister and her family though. That should change in the next couple of weeks hopefully but we'll see.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I see; I forgot that Japan has been much stricter on lockdown stuff.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah they have a heap of old people there so it makes sense.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you want to look at both ends of the spectrum dealing with an outbreak of this nature, look at New Zealand as the gold standard of the correct way... and then other countries like India, UK and I'm sorry to say, the US as bad examples (although maybe the US is a little better now with Trump gone).

Australia isn't super tough like NZ, but some states over here are tougher than others.
    I don't mind it. I can still go out to get groceries, petrol and pick up my mail. Go to the doctor if I need to and I got both my pfizer shots during lockdowns.
    I can't visit my sister and her family though. That should change in the next couple of weeks hopefully but we'll see.
    I can't agree . If people want to go get jabbed I can't stop them but the rest of the crap being peddled right now can shove off.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think I'm nearly finished with Grandia . I've been playing it off and on with a Vita.

Thanks
    EP Points

The problem is you can spread it to other people and some people will die even if it doesn't kill you
    If some people won't accept that then it's up to the state to protect everyone else.
    Issue fines. Even if people don't accept what's going on it will force at least some of them to do the right thing by others, because if they don't it hurts their wallets.

Even vaccinated people can be carriers so eventually only the unvaccinated will get sick and die.

I guess it might be difficult for some Americans to understand, I mean your gun laws are generally less restrictive than here and I believe that has to do with individual rights as opposed to protecting the general population.
    A philosophical difference I guess.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The problem is you can spread it to other people and some people will die even if it doesn't kill you
    If some people won't accept that then it's up to the state to protect everyone else.
    Issue fines. Even if people don't accept what's going on it will force at least some of them to do the right thing by others, because if they don't it hurts their wallets.

Even vaccinated people can be carriers so eventually only the unvaccinated will get sick and die.

I guess it might be difficult for some Americans to understand, I mean your gun laws are generally less restrictive than here and I believe that has to do with individual rights as opposed to protecting the general population.
    A philosophical difference I guess.
    If vaccinated people can still carry it then it makes no difference except to people who want to be vaccinated but have not yet. Something like that (in response to the bold). I disagree strongly with the current gun laws and I think they're far away from how they were intended.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They only care about money and not people in general.
    The pharmaceuticals are no different in this regard. They're bouncing around the idea of booster shots lately. It's sounding more and more like they want to turn it into a regular income stream like flu shots.

Thanks
    EP Points

a storms rolling hope we don't lose power or anymore tree damage.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    a storms rolling hope we don't lose power or anymore tree damage.
    Tree damage been a problem lately?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    Tree damage been a problem lately?
    last month it was we had some bad wind damage around the state. part of a tree came down on our fence. you can still see places were trees came down and not just small trees.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    last month it was we had some bad wind damage around the state. part of a tree came down on our fence. you can still see places were trees came down and not just small trees.
    I see, a shame one took out part of your fence. A large tree went down here two or three years ago but it was away from anything it could've damaged. I cut down anything dead or if it looks like there's a possibility of some or all of it hitting the house here.

I'm hoping to chop down probably dozens of trees this winter. Lots of them have been sprouting up under the evergreens .