Page 174 of 267 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 4002

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Moana View Post
    You're not having issues with the original ones, are you?

I'm kinda afraid of the drift. Just thinking about it drives me nuts.
    I don't even have the console

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unfortunately joysticks drift because of the way theyre manufactured and itll always be an issue until something new is engineered.

if only Nintendo had kept the re-calibrate feature the gamecube controllers had

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    It really sucks that controllers cost as much as the games if not more. Too much tech in controller these days.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Magician View Post
    Too much useless crap in controllers .
    Yup. Nowadays it seems like every controller must have motion sensors. Nintendo schooled again, but this time for the worst imho.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I don't even have the console
    Okay. Good for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post
    Unfortunately joysticks drift because of the way theyre manufactured and itll always be an issue until something new is engineered.

if only Nintendo had kept the re-calibrate feature the gamecube controllers had
    Oh, I see. I remember the re-calibrate feature, would it have been useful with the Joy-cons? Beats me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't the PS2 have a re-calibrate system with their controllers? If controllers are going to have analog sticks, then they should have a re-calibrate system. Remember the SNES controller? No touch-pad, no rumble and no motion controls.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh, I see. I remember the re-calibrate feature, would it have been useful with the Joy-cons? Beats me.
    Every joystick module is digitally calibrated at the factory when they are installed. They have to be because they will inherently drift no matter what, which is also the reason that dead zones exist.

So yeah, it would definitely been useful. But Nintendo also wouldnt make as much money selling joycons

Didn't the PS2 have a re-calibrate system with their controllers? If controllers are going to have analog sticks, then they should have a re-calibrate system. Remember the SNES controller? No touch-pad, no rumble and no motion controls.
    Not sure. I dont remember there being one, but I dont think I ever had a PS2 controller drift.

Thanks
    EP Points

Every joystick module is digitally calibrated at the factory when they are installed. They have to be because they will inherently drift no matter what, which is also the reason that dead zones exist.

So yeah, it would definitely been useful. But Nintendo also wouldnt make as much money selling joycons

Not sure. I dont remember there being one, but I dont think I ever had a PS2 controller drift.
    unless it's a hidden option/feature it doesn't. I never had a DS 2 but I've had a few 3rd controllers develop drift in the left stick.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    unless it's a hidden option/feature it doesn't. I never had a DS 2 but I've had a few 3rd controllers develop drift in the left stick.
    Apparently the DS3 has a calibrate feature.

Even so, if the pot of the module gets buggered calibrating wont help.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a DS4, and a SixAxis and I think a DS3 and a DS2. I never had DS1, just the original PSX controllers that had no analog sticks. I remember when Ape Escape came out, you needed a DS1 to play the game. The DS2 does work on the PS1.

EDIT: I've updated my steam list/trades.
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 10th-February-2022 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good pots also exist . Having to spend a few extra pennies falls under not making as much money though .
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 11th-February-2022 at 03:07.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good pots also exist . Having to spend a few extra pennies falls under not making as much money though .
    Oh absolutely. The Dreamcast had some of the best joystick modules ever made imo.

Its a shame Sega gave up on hardware.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's one of my favorite controllers . Yesterday I started playing through Skies of Arcadia again.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's one of my favorite controllers . Yesterday I started playing through Skies of Arcadia again.
    ah man I miss having my dreamcast

so many burnt CD-Rs

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh absolutely. The Dreamcast had some of the best joystick modules ever made imo.

Its a shame Sega gave up on hardware.
    it really is.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

You're totally right. Apart from analog sticks, which were not a problem as long as I remember, I always had issues with the R2-L2 Dualshock buttons. Especially with the Dualshock 2.

Oh, okay. Good to know. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

You're totally right. Apart from analog sticks, which were not a problem as long as I remember, I always had issues with the R2-L2 Dualshock buttons. Especially with the Dualshock 2.

Oh, okay. Good to know. Thanks.
    I don't remember having much problems with the Dualshock 2 or with the R2/L2 buttons. The analog sticks on the Dualshock 2 worked fine mostly. I remember it didn't seem like until the Ps3/Xbox 360 era when racing/driving games started using the R2/L2 RTrigger/LTrigger for gas and break. Before it was usually X for gas and Square for break.