Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 2 In Development!

Thanks

Default Kingdom Hearts 2 In Development!

It is now confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 2 is now in development!

During a press conference held at the Games Convention 2003 in the east German city of Leipzig, Disney consumer product chairman Andy Mooney apparently confirmed that Kingdom Hearts 2 was indeed in development at Square Enix. This would be the first official confirmation following months of relative silence and uncertainty regarding a sequel to the highly popular collaboration between Disney and Square, which has sold more than 3.3 million copies worldwide to date. So far, Square Enix president Youichi Wada, while expressing his intention to turn Kingdom Hearts into a blockbuster series a la Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, had repeatedly mentioned negotiations with Disney were ongoing. Asked about a sequel to his hit title, character designer and director Tetsuya Nomura was even more tight-lipped a few months ago. According to Mooney, the company will officially unveil the title at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show.

A standard development cycle provided, Kingdom Hearts 2 will most likely not be available in Japan before late 2004.
    Too bad it'll take some time to get a hold of an English version

Source: RPGFan

Thanks

sounds cool

I still must play part 1 ...I have the game....now I need the time
    meh

Thanks

w00t, a must have, Kingdom Hearts 0wnz
    one of the better games in quite a while, but then again I don't have a ps2 or internet anymore so I woudn't know

Thanks

I hear a rumor that they won't be putting in disney at all into it. this seems highly improbable, judging the fact that kingdom hearts was made to put disney and ff together, but even so... what characters would they put in anyways? they've pretty much put in every major disney movie into kingdom hearts 1...

Isk Guest

They'll figure out something. The pool of Disney characters is vast, certainly large enough for a second game, but after that? I'm writing it off as press conference exaggeration atm, but that statement regarding the continuation of KH as a frontline series reads overdone sequel(s) to me. Pretty soon your two other party members would be Bl. Belt and dalmation #73. =P

Overall I'm pleased by the news though, to me KH is a damn innovative concept with good execution that can be improved upon.

Thanks

Yeah, I also heard they weren't putting Disney characters in. Too bad, cause I want'ed to see The Lion King, and Toy Story too. But Kingdom Hearts is great!

Thanks

Well, I thought this was already known? There was that trailer thing that people saw at the ending...

Christopher Time Guest

Originally posted by KnightofNachos
    Well, I thought this was already known? There was that trailer thing that people saw at the ending...
    Yes, but there never was a confirmation of a sequel. In fact, when questioned about it, the producer said he'd be busy for quite awhile, all the way up to 2005.

battousai Guest

do you think they'll have cameo of enix characters?

BAMerang Guest

God! Its about friggin' time! Well...actually, theres still gonna be that huge wait. But at least now we know that its for sure. Awsome.

Thanks

KH without Disney?! That`s Terminator whitout Arnold! I hope that`s not true!

Thanks

KH without Disney would pwn, I'faith. Or at least they should go to the adult Disney stuff like Atlantis, or Titan A.E

Thanks
    EP Points

Well I'm interested to see how this turns out... To me the first Kingdom Hearts was nothing spectacular...

/me hides his Kairi signature

But it was for the most part very fun, and with a little less Disney and a little more Square (I found most of the parts towards the end, and Halloweentown, much more interesting than most of the Disney worlds...), I'd probably find a sequel very appealing.

Thanks

KH without Disney?
    Bah...I hope that isn't true

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The rumors of the lack of Disney's presence in KH2 is bullshit. First of all, it's not KH without Disney, and second Square mentioned that they where in the midst of wrapping up the liscenses for Disney properties. And also, Disney is expected to announce a Kingdom Hearts animated series, which would likely mean that they will lend thier liscences to the sequal.
    As for the person who said that they used pretty much all the Disney stuff up in the first, you couldn't be more wrong. They only scratched the surface of thier films and characters in the first game. and there's plenty that Square could use if they get the liscence to do so, which they most likely will. Square said that they wanted to use some Pixar stuff in the first game but couldn't get things together in time, so we could see some of that in here for instance. The point is that there is plenty of material left for quite a few Kingdom Hearts games to come.