Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Donkey Kong Details Revealed

EmuFreak Guest

Default New Donkey Kong Details Revealed

Last week Nintendo announced that it had partnered with Namco to develop a GameCube update to the Donkey Kong series. It was assumed that the title would be a pure platformer in the tradition of the franchise. However, IGNcube has learned differently. Here's what we know:
    The beginnings of this new Donkey Kong game may trace as far back as the Dreamcast system. Sonic Team had just released Samba De Amigo, a port of a successful maraca-based arcade music game, and it immediately became popular with a niche audience. Designer Shigeru Miyamoto was one of the game's followers, and he on several occasions spoke highly of it.

On March 10, 2003, Nintendo registered the trademark for Donkey Konga. This, say sources, is the tentative name for the new title, which dumps its platformer roots in favor of exploring the music genre.

Donkey Konga is a music title in which gamers play conga drums with Donkey Kong and friends, allege sources. So far insiders have been unable to tell us if the game will work with standard GameCube controllers or if players will need to purchase a separate conga peripheral, but the latter seems more likely.

Source www.ign.com

Srange that the series is going on such a different path then the first one, but at least nintendo is trying something new.

Thanks

That's the shittest news I've heard all week...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

I have to agree... I was looking forward to a new DK game, not a music game.

Thanks

Yay, now it's time to kill myself. :\

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I'm a fan of the music genre in gaming, but even I have to say that this sounds kinda stupid thus far. I guess I'll have to wait and see just what it is that Nintendo plans on doing with this thing before totally passing judgment though...

Thanks
    EP Points

This has to be the lamest thing I've ever heard for a long time... I really wanted to know how a DK platform game on GameCube would turn out, expecially as Rare have now jumped ship. But a music game...? I kind of agree with Cyber on the basis that it could still be a good game, but it's a shame, to say the least. The Donkey Kong Country series was amazing, even on the good old SNES. I couldn't wait to see what Nintendo had up their sleeves for this GameCube edition. Now we know... :\

Thanks

Donkey Konga? Come on. Don't kill the series.

Thanks

I don't see how this can come out.

Thanks

Just because it's a dancing game, doesn't mean it will suck. And who's to say they won't release a DK platformer game too?
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks
    EP Points

I am a big fan of the music genre too, but still, a donkey kong music game.. I dont think the two would mix very well... Oh well, I'l wait and see I guess. Ninty might be able to pull it off.

Thanks

The DKC games were crap anyway, all graphics and precious little else. Disagree and feel my wrath. Maybe.

Apperently (and unfortunately I cannot confirm this) Samba De Amigo was one of the best games released for the DC, and the basic premise of it does sound really amusing too. So its not all bad. Besides, youve already go Mario Sunshine, so stop bloody whingeing
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

meh if theres one thing i've learned with nintendo its that you shouldnt really pass judgement on there games to quickly they usuallu surprise you...and c'mon at least there trying to be unique...or somethin 0.o.

P.S:i'm not even a fan of the whole music game genre

Thanks
    EP Points

of course these insiders could just be giving away crap info to throw every one off there trail.. and if not they could still scrap the project... only time will tell...

Thanks

well it sounds crazy enough that miyamoto will do it...i mean...Donkey kong with kongas!?...i'd say that is a crazy concept for a game.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Hangman
    Just because it's a dancing game, doesn't mean it will suck. And who's to say they won't release a DK platformer game too?
    Thats true but if we look at nintendos history of releaseing games like mario 64, donkey kong etc they rarely make more then one new sequel per system, the rest would be just simliar in the series type games...you know what I wonder why the heck they do that in the first place?