Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 2

Thanks

Default Soul Calibur 2

Ah yes...its that time again kids...Another one of namco's "soul" fighting games is on its way this month....and i am officially really anxious to get this game...how about you guys?

Feel free to discuss ur fav characters and what version ur gettin and why.

Thanks

I'm renting the GCN and X Box versions just 'cause I have both systems... . I still say that the Master Chief in Halo should have been the 'Box's character, but since it was made by Bungie and not MS so there are all the legeal issues and stuff.

Link is cool.
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

Dark Wanderer Guest

I pre-ordered the PS2 version (because thats the only system I have). I think the game looks awsome! Too bad the PS2 version was the worst bonus character IMO.

Thanks

Who is it? I know it's Spawn for the 'Box and the GCN gets Link, but who's the PS2 get?
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

Dark Wanderer Guest

The old guy from tekken (i forget his name). Not a bad character, but not nearly as cool as link or spawn.

Isk Guest

his name is Heihachi

Thanks

Link will kickass. Oh oh yes....
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nicolas Guest

I'll buy the game on Xbox (my only new gen system yet), but I am fairly sure the game won't be as revolutionnary as SoulCalibur back then.

Except graphics, there are few major changes...

Though, it wil still be the best 3D fighting game IMO!

battousai Guest

it'll be better than tekken 4

and from what i hear, the gcn version would have the least slowdown, and link will definitely be cool

but sc2 will rock nonetheless, i wish i bought a dc before for the first one....

Thanks
    EP Points

Soulblade was my favourite fighting game of all time... Soul Calibur proved that wrong by being an even better sequel... So yeah, I've got high expectations for this one I play Mitsurugi

Thanks

I`ll probably buy the PS2 version, since the X-Box and GameCube-versions had problems with controlling the character and such as speed.

Thanks

I play with Kilik most of the time even though some people say he's the beginner's character..psh what do they know...oh and i'm getting it for my GCN instead of the PS2...because of link and the better technology in the gamecube...yep yep..cant wait.

Nicolas Guest

Originally posted by battousai
    and from what i hear, the gcn version would have the least slowdown
    Weird...
    From what I read (general magazines), the Xbox should be the "best" but it isn't that much noticeable.
    So it it only a thing for ppl to brag about their system, while the three versions are pretty much the same (except for the guest characters).

Furthermore, each version seems to have its own problem causing slowdown (a certain Spawn's attack make the game slow down, and for the NGC, it is another thing that do it, and for the PS2, I don't remember at all).

Otherwise, I play with everybody except Taki and Sophitia/Lizardman.
    Not that they suck (no characters really suck in SC, hopefully), but I do with them!

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm also most used to the Playstation controllers (I played all too much Soulblade ) so aside from the fact I don't have a Gamecube or Xbox, yeah, that's why I'm getting it for the PS2...

Thanks

You poor things I already have the Japanese version (for the PS2 that is )
    Soul Calibur II in general turned out a lot better than I expected it. The graphics are cool, the sountrack is awesome and the game-play is endless fun
    But I still favor Tekken over it
    Oh! And my favourite character would be Yunsung.

And I think Namco will be adding Lizardman, Rock and Hwang in the US version