Thread: Wild ARMs 3 or Legaia 2?

Thanks

Default Wild ARMs 3 or Legaia 2?

I'm planning on buying one of the two, as they seem to be the only decent RPGs Aussie has waiting for me. What do you think? Opinions are greatly appreciated. Please don't say "Buy Xenosaga or Suikoden 3 instead" as I can't

Thanks

I would say Wild Arms 3, I found it more interesting and fun then Legend of Legaia 2 bu it was fun too i just preferred Wild Arms 3
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I've only played the demo of Wild Arms 3 so my opinon isn't worth too much. But I kinda liked Legaia 2 more. It has a unique battle system like the first had. Plus that maid girl, what's her name, Nancy I think, is a hottie
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

y r u asking ppl what to buy for u...go here www.gamespot.com and pick the game that has the better rating by game companies

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by ragnar14
    I've only played the demo of Wild Arms 3 so my opinon isn't worth too much. But I kinda liked Legaia 2 more. It has a unique battle system like the first had. Plus that maid girl, what's her name, Nancy I think, is a hottie
    You DOIE!! Wild Arms 3 pwnz your soul!!

Thanks

Originally posted by Averad
    y r u asking ppl what to buy for u...go here www.gamespot.com and pick the game that has the better rating by game companies
    is that really how you judge your games? Because not allt he times those things would be half near correct....I would rather play the game myself if it looks/sounds good and give my own review rather than rading someone elses who could have a complete diff taste in games or the exact same but just not like certain things
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Right. Which is what makes this thread kinda pointless in the end. However, he just wants to hear peoples opinion on the two games, so he can purchase the one that sounds the most appealing to him. Unfortunatly noones really given him any in-depth opinions thus far. The only one who's even come remotely close is Ragnar14, when he said that Legai had a unique battle system, like the first game. So c'mon people, let's hear what made this game for you. Let's not just hear a bit about why you think one's better then the other, let's hear alot!

Thanks
    EP Points

Wild Arms 3;

* Great characters and character development. You will even meet old 'friends' from other Wild Arms games.

* Great storyline. Better than both Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2.

* Three kinds of turn based battles. Two which are more advanced than they "usual type".

* Lots of side quest and other stuff which adds replay value.

* Cell shading!

* Virginia...

Just buy it, ok?

Thanks

Lagaia 2 Duel Saga has a better story. Wild Arms 3 has a better battle system yet it's tedious to find towns.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

To the ones that suggested I try them both,
    None of my friends are into RPGs and all my major video stores carry games advertised on TV, nothing more. If I wanted to try enter the Matrix or FFX, I could rent it, but unfortunately they don't carry very many game.
    Wild ARMs 3 sounds really great , but Legaia's fighting system was so good in the first one. Ahh, I'm torn.

Thanks
    EP Points

Closing Comments taken from IGN's Wild Arms 3 review:

Wild Arms 3 is, as a rule, resoundingly not bad. It's not up there with the A-list of the PS2 market, both past and future, but like its predecessors, it's a solid game with only a few bothersome flaws. For example, I remain utterly perplexed by the inclusion of the search system -- I can't imagine anyone liking it in Wild Arms 2 -- but greater mysteries have surrounded other RPGs. The Gummi Ship, say...
    We were talking about Wild Arms, though. It's probably worth picking over Legaia 2, the other noteworthy RPG release of the moment, and with the genre drying up until the arrival of Star Ocean and Xenosaga next year (aside from the excellent Suikoden III), it stands as one of the better picks for fans this season.

Closing Comments taken from IGN's Legaia 2: Dual Saga review:

In spite of all my criticisms, Legaia 2 is a nice change of pace from the usual turn-based RPG fare. Much more interactive than the typical genre entry, there's enough ingenuity and exploration here to persuade fans to give it a try. It's a shame that more development time wasn't spent with this actually, as a closer view to the action and an adjustment to the battle frequency would have done wonders for the sheer playability of it all.
    Not great, not bad, not for the casual, Legaia 2 could have been something better. Regardless, it's still worth a look.

Everyone loves Wild Arms 3. Ditto!

Thanks

Crushers mindless bitc..... I mean, valid argumentaion has swayed me

Thanks
    EP Points

Yay! Go Toto!

If I really need to take up something bad about Wild Arms 3, it's the same think as everyone else complains about; the search system. Although I think it's fun from time to time.