Thread: psx memory card questions.

trelimb Guest

Default psx memory card questions.

I am looking into buying a new memory card for my PSone and I wanted to know what cards I can trust to be reliable and not loose my game data. So, I would love it if lots of people answered these questions.
    The way the questions read, it might look like I am only asking the 2md, 3rd and 4th questions about the failing cards but I would also like to know what cards have not failed, so please answer all the questions so I can figure out which cards are reliable and which are not.

have you ever had a memory card fail somehow and how?
    What company made the card?
    was it one of those multipage cards?
    If so, did it use compressed memory or true uncompressed memory?
    what memory cards would you recomend?

Thanks

Your best bet would be with an official Sony memory card. Just be careful not to plug it in wrong or drop it or something...

Thanks

ok well the first 4 questions dont apply to me cause I'v never had one fail and I agree with Jimmy you would be best just getting an official Sony memory card

heres one of the ones right off the sony site
    http://www.us.playstation.com/hardwa...ph-1020uhi.asp
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

trelimb Guest

Not sure if you guys are being serious or making fun of me since it only seems obvious not to plug it in wrong or drop it. I mean come on, what do you expect me to try to do, use it as a salad fork? also, the fact that you can pick up sony's card just about anywhere probably means I shouldn't need to get it from the sony website. So, maybe your being serious and maybe you think this thread is retarded.

In either case maybe I should rephrase my questions and tell you a little more about my agenda. First off, in case you were wondering, yes, I am new to owning a playstation. I've owned my playstation for about two weeks and thus, have not gained the experiance of trial and error in discovering if any of the third party stuff is worth buying. I figure that since I am so far behind in getting my psx, there must be a ton of people out there that have already made the mistake of buying faulty products and could be kind enough to steer me away from those products. I was really hoping that I could do better than paying 15 bucks for 15 blocks of storage. Although, if the cheeper alternatives are going to loose my data, then they really aren't a suitible alternative now are they. So, if it's true that you basically have to buy the sony brand for it to be reliable then so be it. (and so far it seems like that might be the case)
    So, what is everyone using, and has it given you any trouble?

Thanks

Uh just buy sony products for ps2 otherwise dont bother any third party stuff is crap... who cares if you pay 20 bucks for 8megs instead of getting that 16meg card.... my 7year old ps1 sony cards still work fine

unnamedn00b Guest

i have to agree with these guys here. i only bought offical sony stuff and its never let me down. my 5 year old (maybe more) memory cards are still working fine. same thing with the controlers.

trelimb Guest

Originally posted by LastStandin
    Uh just buy sony products for ps2 otherwise dont bother any third party stuff is crap... who cares if you pay 20 bucks for 8megs instead of getting that 16meg card.... my 7year old ps1 sony cards still work fine
    ummm, I don't have a ps2. I did go to the sony site just because and noticed the compatibility list for the memory card is missing a few games that I have. Blaster Master Blasting Again, and FFOrigins. Probably just means they haven't updated the site but still, what's up with that?
    EDIT:just noticed more, FF8, MMX5, MMX6, I'm not going to list all the games not listed in the compatibility. I just thought it was strange that they would even have such a list rather than just saying "everything for ps1. I find it even stranger that the list is incomplete. I bet no one cares. I am babbling. oh well, I just like to share things that seem odd to me.

EDIT: Alright thanks. You guys may have saved me a bunch of trouble. I have seen a few other places that say sony is the way to go also. I'll be picking up one of the sony cards today (and probably a extender cable for the controller too, the dual shock 1's cord just isn't long enough to make it to my couch.)
    Consider this thread finished.