Thread: PS2 Modchip?

KamiNeko Guest

Default PS2 Modchip?

I just got my PS2, and I was wondering if I should get the slide card for it. I want to play Japanese/Bootleg games but I doubt the compatability of modchips, nor do I want to open my PS2. This seems to be the best solution so far. Are the mod chips very compatable or as flakey as I expect? Also, is it possible to burn PS2 DVD-R games on multiple CD-Rs? Thanks.

Thanks

I heard of that slide card thing. I dont think it will work too well. doesnt seem practicle. But the choice to spend 40 bucks on something that never got very far in publicity doesnt show any good signs of it. Dont waste your money.

KamiNeko Guest

Originally posted by Hell Fire
    I heard of that slide card thing. I dont think it will work too well. doesnt seem practicle. But the choice to spend 40 bucks on something that never got very far in publicity doesnt show any good signs of it. Dont waste your money.
    The way I see it, publicity doesn't matter, as long as it works. If you're talking about price, a Magic 3.6 Modchip is $60, maybe $50 if I get it installed Chinatown. Though, having it installed for me seems to be a better option, if the mod chip works well with 90& or more games.

Thanks

i got a messiah 2 pro and that thing hasnt ever given me any problems. Ive visited several forums and a lot of people complain about problems with magic chips.

Edit : and in my oppinion the slide cards crap. I can just make a slide card with a credit card and use a GS/Actrion Replay disc to play it. But since i got a chip i dont need too.

Shadowrider Guest

my bro got the messiah chip and it works great.
    they say it's 99% compatible with u.s games, 100% with european games.

KamiNeko Guest

Messiah? Is there a link for it? I'm interested.

xxxStealthxxx Guest

Default x

Okay since this topic is about the ps2 slide card here is the info.

Slide card plays 80% of your burnt games as for dvdr games it plays 90% of the games ! Now you can't expect much if you don't want to lose you warranty etc........ And if you enjoy a few backup here and there it is an excellent choice if I may say

The ones you can't play you might as well buy them. Now for the dvdr to multiple cdrs is it possible yes. How is the big question, mainly this trick only works good on the rpg games !

Final note is that the slide card alone doesn't need to be used unless your using version 1,2 and 3 above you can just use the ps2 swap magic disc alone

akuma2k3 Guest

Well i use a fliptop since i was too scared to solder something into my ps2. I'm only 15 i don't know anything about soldering. The fliptop is perfect for me thought people dislike using swap disks. But for me if it works i don't mind using swap disks. Simple installation only toll needed is a screw driver. Just remove the orginal ps2 cover and put on the fliptop cover. Only downside is that it can't play ps2 rips that are bigger then 650mb.This is the swap disks fault not the fliptop and a new version of swap disks are being released around the end of the summer that will allow you to play rips of 700mb as well as play your ps backups!!

KamiNeko Guest

Well.. I'm pretty convinced right now that I do not need the warranty, as people in gameshops can do the fixing What I want to know now is which Modchip I should use, 'Messiah' or 'Magic'. Oh, does anyone know to put DVD-R on mulitple CD-Rs?

Shadowrider Guest

i don't know how to put dvr on multiple cds, but i've heard about the magic. it's not as reliable as messiah. IMO, messiah has been the most reliable and best one among all the chips.
    others may have different opinion though

Thanks

Messiah 2 is the best modchip out there for the PS2.

You might also wanna check out the DMS3.....They say, its giving Messiah 2 a pretty good competition....

For all the latest news of the modchip world and to know whats hot and whats not just go here.....

http://www.ps2newz.net/

Just check out charlie_ps2, astina and Relayer's reviews about different modchips....They are the best people out there who know a great deal about modchips....

Okay, one more important thing...You will NOT be able to see or view posts posted by other members until and unless you SIGN up with them and LOG IN.

Trust me, its the best site out there for modchips...

Hope this helps.....

Bye for now....
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 21st-June-2003 at 12:47.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

KamiNeko Guest

Thanks guys, I think I'll run off to Chinatown and find someone that sell the Messiah. I think I'll borrow a DVD-R Drive from a friend.

goku__ssj3 Guest

well from success-hk.com
    u can get the slide card for abt 15pound
    now tht is cheap
    i kno im gettin it

Thanks

well u can burn on a few cdrs that i know for a fact

second if u get a chip make sure u dont get something as old as mine where u need a gameshark and cant play dvd-r games

the guy i used to get my games from had a site

www.freegamelist.com

but i was only able to contact him through my cousin and now my cuz is at NY so now i need to find myself a new dealer in LA

Czez Guest

I must recomend Messiah 2 Pro as well, I have it and it has excellent compatibilty and it never fails to boot. So if you are going to get something, get Messiah 2 Pro.

Also you can try DMS3, it's basicly the same thing as Messiah2 but you get region free DVD and possibility to boot homebrew software like PGEN fom your memorycard.

It all depends on what you want, DMS3 is a little bit more expensive then Messiah2 but it has extra feutures.