Thread: Problems with Lord of the Rings Third Age (German)

Thanks

Default Problems with Lord of the Rings Third Age (German)

Hi folks,
    I just played LotR Third Age in my childhood on Gamecube and i wanted to do it again with an emulator (Dolphin 5.0)
    I loaded Disc 1 and 2 German Version at ep and played till u had to change the disc.

Now my problem:

When i go to the main menue in game and click on save games and then on my save game Fps drop to 0 and nothing else happens (black screen in the emu window).
    Also when i try to start a new game on disc 2 (dunno how this is even going in the middle of the game) its right the same problem.

I tried already different versions of Dolphin and downloaded the 2nd disc ISo already 4 times nothing works.
    Some one got a solution for this problem?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dolphin may not have the permissions it need to create a memcard in it's current location

you can also try moving or removing the old memcard file if one was ever created and see if it creates a new one you can save to
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2016 at 08:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So i got 2 files MemoryCardA.EUR.raw and MemoryCardA.raw in the same folder like my 2 ISO for each disc one.
    The problem is he finds the memcard and it shows the right savegame like it is on disc 1 but when i click it and he begins to load fps drop and nothing happens.
    Also a problem i need my save game cause i dont want to start a new game or smth.

Is it possible to get my MemCard save game running with an ps2 emulator and the ps2 version of this game because here u got only 1 disc for the complete ~3 GB.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope the saves are not compatible with other systems or even other regions

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p..._The_Third_Age does mention a disc change issue though

Disc Swap[edit]
    Please note that the game may seem to hang at the end of the East Emnet Gullies level. You have to select the second disk of the game at this point (File > Change Disc). May need RealXFB to display the change disc image.
    P.S. it is always worth looking at the compat list before playing any games via emulation for systems like GC, Wii and PS2, i.e. emulators that are still being developed or have issues with certain games some that can be resolved but there are games that can't be still

It may be because it is waiting for a disc change just the message to do so does not pop up

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks man this helped me out with the problem i just didnt know theres an option to change the disc.
    I always stopped the emulation of disc 1 and started it again with disc 2 so it couldnt load my save game from disc 1.