Thread: Looking for a GB/GBC/GBA emulator

Thanks

Question Looking for a GB/GBC/GBA emulator

Hi all,

I've been trying to look for an emulator that plays Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games but haven't had much luck as every one I've found has a major problem. I have a front end I use for my emulation so I need one that has the ability to start in full screen mode with a ROM loaded and surprisingly, not all can do this (From my research I think the original VisualBoyAdvance cannot). The two emulators I've found that nearly fit my requirements are the following:

1.) VisualBoyAdvance-M WX: Plays everything well but crashes when loading save states probably 80% of the time. Development on this seems stopped.
    2.) mGBA: Plays GBA games great and has no problem with save states but has major bugs with GB/GBC games - for example in Pokemon Crystal, I can't store any Pokemon beyond the 6 you can carry - the rest vanish. A bug has been reported and opened for months.

Are there any other emulators I should look that which meet all my criteria - ie plays GB/GBC/GBA games fine without bugs/crashing and can start a ROM in full screen?
    Last edited by Alectrus; 10th-October-2016 at 14:56.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Don't rely on save states, with any emulator.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd Recommend Using MyBoy! on Android or for PC my personal reccomendation has to be VisualBoyAdvance. But i wouldn't use save states too much.