(3 SOLUTIONS TO BURN DC ISO's)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(SECOND LESS COMPLEX SOLUTION):

Meet the qualification before burning an ISO-

1. Burning options may be different varies its nero version..so the update version might work..I use nero ver Nero 5.5.8.0.
2. ISO should work according to the model: DC manufactured BEFORE november 2000.

The following program you need is " WinRAR (extraction program) and the burning software "Nero Burning". '

Most ISO you download will mainly on ".rar format" (but if ISO is on ".cdi" format then i will give you a converter)

First of all, unpack the ISO using WinRAR, once its extracted, you will get a bigger file with the format " .nrg "(aka image file).

Once you did that !! Click the image(.nrg), it should direct you to the burning process option or you could just open nero..File..."burn image". Now after your on the Burning option menu..

A option screen comes up with 3 tabs:

-The first tab shows the tracks (usually 2 tracks, 1 mb audio track and an iso9660 Mode2/XA track).

-The second tab (Misc), nothing display whem i view it.

-The third tab (Burn) shows a couple of actions (leave them all checked).

Go to " tap " 3 and you should see the option " Write Speed ", now you can set the amount of speed you like, but i recommend " 4" for safety (most ISO can be burned at a maximum amount of speed but not oftenly accurate). Once you done that..

The option Write method must "Disc-At-Once" (other options may or may not..but is best if you follow what i told !! )..

Now you can chose the amount of copies you would like to burn (small suggestion..burn extra for a friend or secondary backup but its unneccessary )

Then click " BURN " once

Once the burning is complete, pop it in and enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make backups of dreamcast games using Nero 5 and dummyfile creator (not the auto):

Nero 5 www.ahead.de
IsoBuster (find someone with it)
DummyFile Creator (find someone with it)

1. You need the .bin of the game you wish to burn.

2. Open isobuster --> click on the little folder --> find the .bin of
the game you want to burn.

3. Select all the files --> right click --> choose extract files
then choose the directory.

4. Open nero --> go to new compilation (not wizard) --> choose cd-rom (iso)
(the first icon) --> now you must setup some options for nero (go to the *)
--> And Then Click New.

5. Two Windows Open Up Now --> ISO1 (1) and File Browser (2) --> find the extracted
files (isobuster) in Window 2 --> copy them over to Window 1 --> Select all the
files in Window 1 --> Right-click --> Properties --> Set Priority to High (So
it is burned last, on the outer edge to save the dreamcast motor!).

6. Now Find out how big the game is --> Right-click on new in Window 1 --> Properties
--> The first sentence says how much will be written (go to **)

7. Now copy over the dummyfile (now changed to 000dummy.dat) and make sure it is
low priority.

8. Now go File --> Write Cd --> Click on Write!

9. Play The game When it is done!

Multisession Tab:
Check Off: No Multisession

File Options Tab:
Check Off: ISO Level 2 (Max. of 31 chars)
Mode 1
ISO 9660
Joliet
Allow pathdepth of more than 8 directories
Allow more than 255 characters in path

Burn Tab:
Check Off: Write
Finalize CD
Disc-At-Once
Uncheck: Simulation (Unless You Want it)
Determine Maximum Speed

Creating a dummyfile to save the Dreamcast Motor!

Click on Start --> Run --> Type this in c:\dummyfile\resize 1000000 000dummy.zip
(Or wherever you saved the dummyfile creator too) 1000000 = 1 meg
Make the dummyfile as big as the difference of the game. i.e. Game to be burned is
50 megs, you want the dummyfile to be 600 megs. . . (650 - 50 = 600) The closer the
game is to the edge of the cd the better!) so you would type:
c:\dummyfile\resize 600000000 000dummy.zip, it will make the dummy file that size.
now change the extension from .zip to .dat (change folder options if you do not have
this configured) Back To Step 7!