Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: likes/dislikes about EpForums

Thanks

Thumbs up likes/dislikes about EpForums

To start off I love the fact we have so many real players and gamers here having a great time discussing facts about gaming. I love Forums due to that fact and I use to be a part of another forum, I wont say name due to rules don't want to make it look like I'm Advertising rofl but it was a Runescape Botting/trading forums. I have a 10+ year old account on that forum rofl.

I also like how there is so many Roms to choose from.

Dislikes would be a need for more Guides for people who have trouble such as myself on installing and getting roms/emulators to work.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by YupikGuy View Post
    *snip*
    Dislikes would be a need for more Guides for people who have trouble such as myself on installing and getting roms/emulators to work.

^^ if all it takes for an item to get marked as 'disliked' on account of USER FAILURE to setup, grateful i don't put out here.
    perhaps the rules can make it clear why an item is to be liked/disliked??
    could be, the writeup for item installation wasn't clear enough. (fill in the fields why liked/dissed. if at least to give a heads up to the sharer on what they did wrong.
    i on the other hand would just pull the share and have done with it.
    critique for legitimate issues on the item, NOT user error. (i run a tight ship as well. folks can love/slate away, as long as they're clear why. the sharers motivations are NOT to be trifled with, when they give shit for free.)
    oh, happy epf sign up.
    make it count.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by YupikGuy View Post
    Guides for people who have trouble such as myself on installing and getting roms/emulators to work.
    If you go to the top level of the forums here, you can find a section called Everything Emulation. In each section of that you will find guides on how to set up emulators for those systems.

If you are having trouble with Playstation, PS2, or PSP emulators that use plugins, you can go to PSXDATACENTER.COM for info on working configurations.

For individual games it's usually fastest to search for info on Google or similar. Often the problems you run into with a certain game are common and you can find a way to fix the issue there. It beats waiting around and not getting an answer for a day or two here.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Nice, that's the stuff I like about forums like this, what do you two find useful and awesome about Ep?

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

in all honesty, all i have to really offer here, is any help that applies to appearing subjects, or banter. (free for all/tunes)
    did want to contribute to the site, just not hacking that 'provide own host' bs when a server exists. (FTP to specified users/staffs)
    HTTP digital lockers are the only way to share here...torrents NOT allowed.
    two points on HTTP shares regardless of owner:
    1, depends on location and isp, extremely unstable on the upload (dl is fine) and when the line breaks (irl hazard) the upload doesn't resume safely in some cases, effectively wasting whatever amount count upload null and fricken VOID!
    2, NO recourse if the host takes a turd and loses the share, EULA and that. (options limited nowadays.)
    keep backups.
    FTP and torrent is more than doable, FTP isn't an issue if the host snuffed a harddisk platter, FTP auto-resumes, leaving life, and hands free!
    torrent, we all know how that works, just it is dependent on a viable seed (or more) online at all times...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'd like to point out that yes, technically torrent shares aren't allowed but it's ok to provide an attached torrent file as a backup/alternative to a file host share you've provided.
    You can also provide an attached torrent file as a response to a request made in one of the sticky request threads.

Just make sure any torrent file you provide doesn't make reference to any torrent site in the file name.

As for emulator guides; many emulators have their own faq/guides anyway. For PSX/PS2 emulation you can check PSX Datacenter.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

appreciate the tip, however:
    1, board attachments DON'T work for joe nobodies, staffs it seems can only pin board attachments here (permissions) so the only option would be to use a HTTP host for the torrent headers...not an issue in itself. mitigates the epf NO-GO for board attachments.
    2, it's a lot more clear now, and i will take advantage of a situation as it arises, just sit on it for now.
    thanks again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Attachments aren't a staff only thing. Regular members use attachments for pictures, even in the hang out.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

ya, i noticed...
    my apologies for not being clear.
    tried it, done that, and got the finger.
    another known staffer (peach avatar) filled me in on this, the subject on it is about.
    able to upload a small item to the boards, it records the action to my profile, just NO 'place inline' prompt appears like it does at other places...that are admin permission user set...to help protect the site from malicious attachments.
    honest, doesn't allow me access here, all i was able to achieve (at epf specific) was an attachment upload attempt, followed by ZERO option to place it in any given post/response.
    the item remains added to my profile record....
    [edit]
    keys.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe there's some sort of limitation I've never been aware of? As in you have to be here for some time, have a certain amount of posts or something like that.
    I do know there are file size limitations (depending of what file type) as I managed to have the max torrent file size increased slightly a little while back.

Spoiler warning:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

+--Likes--+
    Elin.
    MasJ buying me dinner and alcohol.
    That pokeman thread.
    Making up nicknames for people.
    My football related jokes. Remember that Francis Jeffers bit I had going in that thread where I totally couldn't bother replying more that twice or whatever? Good times etc.

+--Dislikes--+
    (most) Members who aren't Elin/dun' buy me dinner and/or alcohol.
    How you're all lously posters/thread starters. Yes I live in a house made of glass and I own a ton of rocks, what's it to ya?
    People leaving. I thought we had some sort of blood pact/murder suicide deal going.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

I love forums for this fact, we can share information with each other, talk about funny stuff and help each other out.

Can anyone think of anymore Sections that should be added to this site? I'm thinking maybe a MMORPG trading thread, no irl trading but can set up trades there maybe. Perhaps a Video Discussion Section where we can post all sorts of videos to talk about lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

Only negative I see is lack of activity/users. Seems like people sign up to ask for help, then bounce. I'm not much of a conversation starter myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah, lack of activity is the only real problem with EP. Emulation isn't special or exciting anymore, so we don't really draw in any new posters. This place is nothing like it was a decade ago. Even when it comes to the random newbies asking for help, you have to wonder why they're even posting, Google probably already had the answers to all their questions. Not that I mind answering simple questions, but I'm guessing those posters will dry up eventually
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Should add Miscellaneous Links Master List to main section of this website ... new games come out daily an i share them here bunch rare jems in here that you wont find anywhere else http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ks-Master-List