Thread: I have gridlee running on Ipad / icade - now which is the best ROM of Bubble Bobble?

Thanks

Question I have gridlee running on Ipad / icade - now which is the best ROM of Bubble Bobble?

First time poster so not sure if this the right place in the forums... please move if not....

So I have got my hands on an icade and have managed to get gridlee working on my ipad without jailbreaking it so....

I started this project just so I could relive my youth spent playing endless hours of bubble bobble.. now the final step...

Can everyone please tell me which is the best version of bubble bobble (BB)?.... doing a search brings up loads of BB ROMs so its a bit daunting of where to start?

Are there some that will / wont work with Gridlee?

Has anyone gone through all the BB ROMs and can recommend the best one for graphics, sound, gameplay etc.

Can someone link me to the best one please.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and I have a iMame / Gridlee question - is there any way to get rid of the controls displaying on the gridlee screen when playing in portrait mode on an ipad? I dont need these as I have the icade physical controls
    Last edited by rgoulter; 13th-September-2016 at 03:00.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It depends on what the emulators are based on

But you will want the master rom regardless as all other versions use the master rom as well as there unique roms

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-...e_Bobble/11649 is the master rom for that game and the best overall

The other version, would still need the above to use them though, P.S. they also tend to be older versions

If you are looking for the updated version look at Bubble Bobble 2 or Memories Bubble Bobble 3 (There is also Bubble Symphony that is a build of 2 so 2 would be a master for it)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-September-2016 at 09:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR